DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm new here, and new to the dsm, and pretty much, car knowledge as well. i just got a 92 talon tsi, and wondering about a few things. might seem very noob of me but venting the bov in the atmosphere will screw with the maf right? and i see pictures of cone filters stuck directly on the turbo bypassing the maf, how'd they do that? stand alone management? thanks

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
hm i guess i'll need a maf translater and a high flow 3" MAS to vent the bov in the atmosphere. is this hard to install?

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
Use the search button on this one, as far as venting goes. That topic has been beaten into the ground millions of times. Now the maf and maft they are very very easy to install once you get the uicp, GMAF and translator, it would take around 25mins to do.
Shane

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Spoolin69 said:
Use the search button on this one, as far as venting goes. That topic has been beaten into the ground millions of times. Now the maf and maft they are very very easy to install once you get the uicp, GMAF and translator, it would take around 25mins to do.
Shane
so why do i need an uicp to install the 3" maf and translater? for more room? if so what kind of piping do i need? thanks so much

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
oo i think i get it, it needs to be relocated after the bov, once that done, you can vent and stick a cone right on the turbo, anyways this is what i found http://dsmparts.com/customer/product.php?productid=156 as for 3or3.5" gm mas and translator. a few questions, where does the translater go, inside the new higher flow mas? and i hope these eletrical plugs match up to the stock ones. cool so this shouldn't be to hard to relocate. any aftermarket support for pipes made for relocating?

thanks,roby

1 - 6 of 6 Posts