DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1st time out to the track with the new setup. Still working out a few bugs but should be back out soon. Need to get the car to come out of the hole harder and get a second pump in it. Trip ended short w/ my oil filter loosening up a little and blowing out the o-ring. I think it's time to get rid of my solid mounts....too many things working themselves loose.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tlj-Xy7fnG8&feature=youtu.be

·
Registered
701 Posts
Nice! I can tell just by watching the video it's got a lot left in it. And you said that was with 14 deg. of timing? With how much boost? .......dude,get that 2nd pump in there. You should easily knock a second off that. Nice run,buddy!
You said u blew he oil o-ring out. How much oil did u lose and for how long was it running without any? Or did it happen off the track?

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! That was 14* timing and 26 psi. Got the second pump in today so hoping to go again in the next few days. Shooting for around 36 psi and whatever timing it likes. 9.99 is my goal once I have it dialed in. Doesn't seem out of the question.

As for oil. I had about 1 qt left when I drained it today. Ran for under 10 seconds once oil hit the tire and made me get loose. Motor "sounds" good but we'll see. Hopefully no bearing carnage.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Thanks! That was 14* timing and 26 psi. Got the second pump in today so hoping to go again in the next few days. Shooting for around 36 psi and whatever timing it likes. 9.99 is my goal once I have it dialed in. Doesn't seem out of the question.

As for oil. I had about 1 qt left when I drained it today. Ran for under 10 seconds once oil hit the tire and made me get loose. Motor "sounds" good but we'll see. Hopefully no bearing carnage.
Oh,not at all does it sound out of the question. Usually in a 2,900-3,000lb 1G AWD 650-700whp will equate to roughly 9.90-10.00. Thats just a general estimate but you get what I'm saying. Sean ran 10.00 in my car when it was running on exactly 700whp at 3,000lbs w/driver. There are a lot of variables,but who knows? Maybe you'll surprise yourself and bust out some solid 9's. it's certainly possible. Good luck,bro! Cars looking great!

·
Registered
701 Posts
I so wish I didnt slack on that deal with Wegman's car. Could have had that car for $14K. Only thing that held me back was the fact that it's prohibited from certain classes due to the structural pieces that have been removed. I love white 1G's though.

·
Registered
701 Posts

I think your safe. But only one way to find out. Wish you the best of luck,dude.

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh,not at all does it sound out of the question. Usually in a 2,900-3,000lb 1G AWD 650-700whp will equate to roughly 9.90-10.00. Thats just a general estimate but you get what I'm saying. Sean ran 10.00 in my car when it was running on exactly 700whp at 3,000lbs w/driver. There are a lot of variables,but who knows? Maybe you'll surprise yourself and bust out some solid 9's. it's certainly possible. Good luck,bro! Cars looking great!
I remember racing your car when Sean had it. :p Many moons ago....

I so wish I didnt slack on that deal with Wegman's car. Could have had that car for $14K. Only thing that held me back was the fact that it's prohibited from certain classes due to the structural pieces that have been removed. I love white 1G's though.
Scott's car is one of my top 3 DSMs ever. LOVED that car. $14k was a steal! Tim did a great job building it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts