DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered this fan from Emery at STM.

http://www.streettunedmotorsports.com/dsm/dsm_cooling.htm

He gave me free shipping. It came in 3 days and I opened the box. I was really impressed with everything included. 2 different types of mounting kits, wires, fuse, fuse holder, screws, electrical connectors etc.

I hooked up the and I must say that this fan blows.

Literally. I was pretty impressed with it. I was going to hook it up with a relay but seeing how the stock wires coming out of the fan are only 14g, I figured the stock wiring would be just fine.
I haven't had a chance to drive it to log my coolant temps, but so far it is VERY worth the money.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I hate you, wish I could of gotten the dual fans.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Sorry man, I did not mean it like that... buy another one when you can!
If you do not need it, roll with one.
I cut that in half and I run one of them now, just like your but alot more ghetto.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I took a long time to PM this so I figure I might as well post it for future searchers... Sorry if there is any double pics posted.

ThaWhip said:
Are you running a flex a lite 220? If so, how was the mounting and wiring?
I still am kinda :)
I ran this fan for a good while. I got it for free from a neighbor who bought it new for a rock crawling jeep but then he just went mechanical.
It works very well. The best slim one I have seen. It required minor trimming to attach to my stock radiator and my Koyo radiator. One time my dump tube for my tial 38 fell off (damn DSMs and loose bolts). the fan had a couple of pulls on it with the wastgate blowing straight at the motor. The metal plate got burnt but the fan still works like a champ. I ran it about a year like that and then I cut it in half and I only use half now. I sold the other half to a friend and it is working flawlessly on his DD.
I like it alot.
Hope that helps... Let me see what pics I have in my photobucket:
Random pic of it. You can see I had to trim around the water neck and a couple bolt holes. I used 6 plastic radiator mounting ties to mount it to the rad. You can get them at any part store.

The fan mounts very flush:

This will give you a idea of how much room you have with a stock manifold and a PTE 50 trim. This is also with a Koyo Radiator (the thickest 2G rad.).

Here is how much room you have with a Koyo Rad, 2G, Turbonetics T3 Manifold and a 6152/.82T3

More random pics

You can see the on the left (in the pic) the plate is burnt. That is from a Tial 38 WG with no dumptube for a couple pulls. Good thing this is no cheap china town shit and it has a metal plate to protect is.

Only using half of it now. I love this fan to this day.

For the wiring I just spiced into the factory wiring. I know you should use a relay but I did not.
I cant remember exactly what I did but if you search on tuners I posted it there I think.
There are a few differant wires for when the a/c is on and some other high/low crap. I know I wired it so they would have full power/both fans all the time.

lol, I guess I was board. Hope this helps.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts