DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the Greddy "Big" FMIC and now I have a flutter sound when I leave off the gas. I checked for boost leaks and there is none. Clamps are all on, as well as all the hoses.

What is wrong?

·
Registered
486 Posts
Sounds like your BOV is working :D

·
Registered
486 Posts
Do you still have the T25 ?

Also, what BOV do you have ?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Sounds to me like you forgot to attach the vaccum hose to open your BOV. I know that I have forgotten to attach it before and the BOV is forced to open but continues to try to close which causes the "flutter" sound. But I would definately check it out.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have the T/28, with the Apexi BOV.

Do you mean the hose that goes to the intake manifold? That one is connected.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Don't know anyone with an Apexi, but alot of guys around here have Tial's..... and they do flutter. How fast it flutters, depends on your turbo. I.E. - A bigger turbo would take longer time to spool, making less of a flutter. A stock turbo will make it flutter faster, due to faster spoolup(like pulling in a parkinglot... cant do that with a 20 ;)).

Not saying this is or isn't your problem, just letting you know my experinces.

·
Registered
358 Posts
99GS-T Boost said:
I installed the Greddy "Big" FMIC and now I have a flutter sound when I leave off the gas. I checked for boost leaks and there is none. Clamps are all on, as well as all the hoses.

What is wrong?
I have the EXACT same problem - and it started the day we put on MY Greddy Big FMIC. Hmmm. I'm running a crushed 1G BOV, but I don't think it matters becaues I've tried many BOVs, tested and double-checked everything and we just can't figure it out. Just curious if you ever figure it out on your car?

·
Elite DSMtalker
3,738 Posts
my 1g bov started doing the same when i put my 16g on. i then put on the hks ssqv which flutters on the small valve, but not on the big one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts