DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I will be installing a new ACT 2600 into my car this upcoming weekend and I'm not quite sure what the step should be when machining the flywheel ? I searched the dsm archives and could only come up with a .600 figure. Does anybody know what this spec should be ? I hear of so many people having problems with pedal engagement at the floor after the installation of this clutch. My factory original clutch currently engages near the top and shifts beautifully but slips at full throttle. I've spun it three times in the last three months so I'm driving on borrowed time. I want to get this right the first time. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

------------------
97 Black TSI AWD
Lightly Modded but pleasantly surprised.
'No Crank Walk PLEASE!!!'

·
Registered
9 Posts
DinkyT25,
The only thing I could find was the step specification for the installation for my old CFDF clutch. They suggest:
-.608 +.005/-.000 to ensure proper engagement. IMPORTANT: To cure your vehicule of all problems attributed to the "low clutch pedal and last thread syndrome" on the master cylinder adjustment, shim the fulcrum from .125" to .200". Are you going to use a braided steel line? Get back to me because I do my installation tomorrow!!!
Northern Neighbor
Ian

1 - 3 of 3 Posts