DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a TRE ported turbo with the 19C wheel and a TRE ported o2 housing. My qustion is this, what is the best FMIC to run on the street? I drive my car daily and I live in CT (temps are rarely above 95 in the summer). Also, is it possible to use a upgraded side mount like the HRC unit and still run 17-18 psi on 93 octane? I just bought an upgraded upper i/c pipe and I would rather still utilize it if at all possible, plus it would be nice to have a sleeper without the big i/c in front. But performance comes first, so anyone with ideas let me know. Thanks

------------------
Brian P.
New turbo almost here!!

·
Registered
83 Posts
I've got the Apexi' FMIC and love it. Never had an overheating problem like some claim. But I've never been on a road course either. I'd say go for that unless you want to build all your own piping. Mine will be up for sale probably this winter...need to go bigger.

·
Premium Member
17,457 Posts
I will second ForceFed's opinion of the ApexI fmic. It is a great fmic and comes with all the piping needed to run to your upper intercooler pipe. It looks great and has nice pipes. I also never had an overheating problem. I think though that you can get a better fmic by getting a spearco core and end tanks and then having the pipes made. You can also cut down on the length of the pipes this way. I priced out the *build your own fmic* and found that it can be done for less than the Apexi kit. About $800 compared to the $1100 I paid for the Apexi.

·
Registered
20 Posts
You could also consider Doug Derby's FMIC for a 2gen. It has a Spearco core. I purchased mine a couple of days ago for $899 . Will let you know how it performs. :)

Here is the link if you are interested.
http://www.ddynopower.com/cat6.html

·
Registered
729 Posts
I have heard that you can have speaco make an intercooler to any specs you want with endtanks and outlets. It would cost around 4 or $500, but you'd have to take car of plumbing and mounting. You could have them do a big sidemount and then you could still use your upper pipe.
This is what i plan on doing, but i wont have the funds for awhile. I am going to measure the area inside the wheelwell and squeeze as big of an intercooler as possible.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I've been running an Apexi FMIC for about a year now and its been great. Good build quality and it works. But I do agree that they should've made the piping shorter.

------------------
Cya O!
SPOOLIN!
http://www3.sympatico.ca/gstagno/index.htm

1 - 7 of 7 Posts