DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, Ive got a 91 Talon TSi AWD and Im trying to figure out two things.

1 is, what type of fog lights should I get? I want little round ones that are bright white/blue...you know, kinda xenon looking. Or it doesnt really matter...i just need to know a good kind to get.

my other problem is, where should i put them??? Should I keep the stock fogs and put the two round ones to the left and right of the stock fogs (you know, on the inside). Or should I just replace the stock fogs with the round ones...I dont know what will look good.
has anyone done this? if so, do you have any pics or any suggestions? Thanks!

------------------
91TSiPower
1991 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

·
Registered
5,220 Posts
I removed the factory fog lights to increase flow to the intercooler and the fact that they suck. I put in Blazer "Hot Lights." I chose these because they were only $40.00 at the local Wal-Fart, and they are 55w. Some of the other lights out there are not that great for a bunch more money. Pay attention to the wattage. These being rounded and small, I put them back in where the factory lights were and moved them over as close to the "center" posts as possible. This way I could use the factory wiring. Then I did the mod on the factory wiring, so that they are on all the time. I live up in the mountains, where it can be foggy alot, so I chose the yellow version. They do have a white version. Pics coming soon. I love 'em!

------------------
Rocky Mountain
'91 Talon Tsi AWD

·
Registered
350 Posts
I put 2g foglights on my 1g GSX. I placed them in teh same place as stocks (only one bolt really tight holds it perfectly). They hook right up to the stock harness and look good because they are small round lights. also they dont block much air from your stock IC because they are small. As far as the bulb being bright I am going to replace the buld with a Hyper white or equal buld.
I got my lights for free from some guy that put on a front bumper kit on his car. So his stock lights were covered and not bieng used.

90 TSi
91 GSX (AT)

·
Registered
270 Posts
I bought some round type 'reflector-beam' fog lights for my 1G I used to have to replace the stock ones. I mounted them on each side of the radiator intake. The 3000GT's had fog lights that looked just like this and they were mounted in the same place on those. People who weren't familiar with Talon's thought for sure that they were factory issue when they saw them. They're a bit difficult to see in the picture, but they are there. :)

------------------
Brian
Wildberry '95 TSi AWD

1 - 4 of 4 Posts