DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyones probably already heard about this, but I figured I would make a thread anyways.

FORT HOOD, Texas – A soldier opened fire at a U.S. Army base in Fort Hood, Texas on Thursday, unleashing a stream of gunfire that left 12 people dead and 31 wounded. Authorities killed the gunman, and apprehended two other soldiers suspected in the attack.

The shooting began around 1:30 p.m., Lt. Gen. Bob Cone said at a news conference. He said all the casualties took place at the base's Soldier Readiness Center, where soldiers who are about to be deployed or who are returning undergo medical screening.

"It's a terrible tragedy. It's stunning," Cone said...
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_fort_hood_shooting

Crazy.

·
Registered
134 Posts
The reports I've seen are real sketchy. He was a Major in med core and two other people were detained all military personnel. I haven't seen any casualty numbers just that they were all military.

^I agree. But current legal options are to quick for something like this. But hanging and firing squad are still viable options.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Update: 31 injured 12 killed. The two soldiers originally detained have been released and another one has been detained. My prayers go out to the families of the injured and dead.

·
Site Administrator
9,819 Posts
I swear we've become pussified as a nation. There are just some people who dis-earn their right to stay on this planet. It's no longer taking of an inocent life. Some say it doesn't deter anyone. However I beg to disagree. It means that person won't be a financial drag on society in prison for life, nor will THAT person ever get the chance to repeat the crime. He's been officially deterred. Cheaper, prevention, AND punishment. Everyone wins! Except the bad guy.

I prefer China's method of executions. It's a $.39 solution.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I firmly believe in the death sentence and an eye for an eye. If someone kills some body they should be put to death in a similar manner. And the prison sentence really needs to go back to chain gangs. A prison sentence in my eyes is far to cushy for a punishment. I still want to know what happened that pushed the doc to this if it was personal or something else?

·
Registered
892 Posts
Some people are fucked up. Sad to hear, what a shame.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Due to current required appeals and such, death sentence is more costly.
This. However we just need to skip the injection BS and put a bullet in the brain.

And I can't say I'm surprised to hear it was a guy of Arab descent...

·
Registered
478 Posts
Yup, another FINE EXAMPLE of the worshippers of the so-called "religion of peace". Of course, you won't see the blamestream media admit he was a muslim terrorist, which his actions in going on the rampage qualify him for the distinction, just like the DC sniper (whom is about to get "the needle" within a few days).

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.