DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok heres the scoop. I found a black 1993 Eagle Talon tsi awd. This is what i want in the first place. I just need your opinion if this would be a good car! The only problem i can see is where somebody backed into it accitantly before and at the passanger side door panal (at the front of it) is slightly dented and rusted. How much do you think this would cost? The color is black so you do see some scratches also there are some chips because he lived on a gravel road. A good buff would help also. He is asking $4000 and it does have a 2G header and the tranny was repaired since he had it. I drove it and it had power for sure and it shifted great. also has a act clutch in it 2200 i think (does this sound right?).

Do you think it is worth the money or should i keep searchin. has sunroof, power everything, and the interior is spotless except for a couple burn marks on the drivers seat. Would you be happy with this car? Thanks a bunch!:D

·
Registered
690 Posts
2G header on a 1g turbo?

I have never heard of that one? ANybody else care to comment?

As for fixing that dent, I think it would probably not be worth the cost. If it was the door panel, it could be banged out easier, but if your saying its where the back seats are, it may be quite expensive.

If it shifts great, then cool - mine doesnt and it sux :(

Check the going rate for the same car in your area, and subtract for the body damage.

good luck with it or any other one you find.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe that is what he meant for the header. Ill have to contact him again to find out for sure. The dent is towards the front of the car. not the back seats. its not really a dent either. just a ripple and a little rust. Nothing major i dont think. if you just glanced at it you wouldn't even see it really.

Also thanks for the reply!

Anybody else have any opinions!? please?

·
Registered
208 Posts
2g exhaust manifold not header. ok that settles that..
How many miles? how does the engine bay look? any leaks?
How often did he change the oil and with what?

I just delivered a 93 talon tsi awd, with 85k miles for a friend. Almost mint interior/exterior. Silver in color for 4.5K. I have pictures on my site to give you a hint.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Engine has 95K on it. Engine bay could use a cleaning but its not filthy. it looks like it had some of the red antifreze (the 5 year stuff) before in it but now it has green. the overflow tank is stained red outside as if he filled it too full when he flushed it. i thoght about it overheating but it didn't look like it did. Engine or anything else has no leaks. oil was changed every 3,000 with regular valvoline 10w 30 depending on outside temp. thanks for the help so far

1 - 5 of 5 Posts