DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I plan to do the fuel pump rewire tommorow with this kit, but I don't know how accurate these instructions are. I don't remember seeing the blue fuel pump connector they are showing, and I'm guessing the black wire is for a ground for the relay right? And there is no purple wire they speak of but a red one. Any Ideas?? Thanks.

Oh duh here is the link to their instructions http://store.forcedperformance.net/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=FPRK2G_Install

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
bigolsen said:
Hey guys, I plan to do the fuel pump rewire tommorow with this kit, but I don't know how accurate these instructions are. I don't remember seeing the blue fuel pump connector they are showing, and I'm guessing the black wire is for a ground for the relay right? And there is no purple wire they speak of but a red one. Any Ideas?? Thanks.

Oh duh here is the link to their instructions http://store.forcedperformance.net/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=FPRK2G_Install
IMO that's a crappy way to rewire it. I don't like how they are digging into the fuse box and popping crap out. I'd follow the directions on www.vfaq.com.. You didn't spend 47$+ for the fuel pump rewire kit did you? You could have done it for about 20$ or less. I always wire mine directly to the battery and use a relay in the back like shown on www.vfaq.com

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Burnett03 said:
IMO that's a crappy way to rewire it. I don't like how they are digging into the fuse box and popping crap out. I'd follow the directions on www.vfaq.com.. You didn't spend 47$+ for the fuel pump rewire kit did you? You could have done it for about 20$ or less. I always wire mine directly to the battery and use a relay in the back like shown on www.vfaq.com
Ya I was going to go that route but I ran across this and thought it would be much easier and more factory like. Now I'm thinking it was kind of a waste of money.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts