DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I was thining about going with a fp green turbo. My car is setup for street and strip racing. I was wondering if it would spool on the street or would it just bog so much I would want to toss the turbo into a river?

Any info would be helpful

Thanks

·
Banned
2,699 Posts
thats a large turbo, not so sure itd be too great for street.

·
Elite DSMtalker
476 Posts
The Green is perfect for the street. Depending on your setup, a Red is fine too.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Yes, have you read up on the Green at all? You should get boost under 4000RPM pretty easily.

·
Registered
43 Posts
A 7cm Green is VERY streetable. I've heard that the 7cm Red model is fairly streetable also. I run a Green and the boost builds insanely fast.

-Joe

·
Registered
195 Posts
Green Turbo Streetable ?

My buddy J-dub has one . He seems to love it . Having tried to race him a couple of times ..... that turbo is nothing to sneeze at .
I 'll tell him about this post maybe he can give some real insight.
:)

·
Registered
72 Posts
one of our local guys runs a green on his wrx, that thing is crazy but very streetable. he runs low to mid 11's (the fastest wrx in the us so far)!

·
Registered
405 Posts
I like it too :D

·
Registered
747 Posts
Damn! Now I want one. Where's the best deal for the best product, please?

·
Registered
405 Posts
I would buy it from the source - http://www.forcedperformance.net/ Their service is Excellent; Their support is Excellent! They have helped me over and over with all my stupid user issues I had during and after my install.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a green and the boost builds just shy of 4k. the turbo is definately streetable, but if you have a FWD make sure you have a good hold of your boost control. I don't and at 14 pounds i can't hook up the tires till 3rd gear and thats with a quaife.

·
Registered
405 Posts
LOL - I know what you mean. At 12psi I can do 'OK', but if I'm at 15-18psi i'm hopping and spinning all the way till 3rd. I still haven't learned how to launch with the FP Green.

·
Registered
13 Posts
what wastegate are you running and boost controller? i can't set my boost any lower then 14.75 pounds cause thats the spring in my tial 40 mm. i'm trying to figure out how i can lower the boost

·
Registered
405 Posts
I'm using a Tial 40mm with .7bar spring on a Profec B. I bet your spring on the Tial is around 1bar on yours.

·
Registered
169 Posts
yeah the FP green is such a great turbo it broke on my buddies car after 2 months of use and 1 trip to the track. <thumbs down> to FP customer service and product quality.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I'm just curious how the turbo broke the car?

·
Registered
747 Posts
Faded said:
I'm just curious how the turbo broke the car?
Yeah, me too.........

1 - 20 of 37 Posts