DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im getting ready to replace my turbo and im wondering what would be the better buy. I have been looking at both the green and red. My gsx will be some what of a daily driver so i want something with power and a quick spool. I know the red has more power then the green but also more lag but how much more. And is it worth the extra money for the red for a daily driver or should i just stick with the green. Im picking up a buschur stage 3 block/head as well when i return home.

mods:
SBR FMIC with 2.5 pipping
880cc with walbro 255, FPR, and -AN 6 lines
3" turbo back
comp 101200 cams
FP manifold
38mm external wastegate

·
Registered
166 Posts
I 'd go with the red - a bit more room to grow. There isn't a lot of lag difference between the two. About three-four hundred RPM from what I 've heard. Look at some other options though, there are a lot of good choices out there. Five years ago or so I 'd say go green or go red and don't look back but it is already 2008. Time flies.. *sigh* :(

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Well do you want a 50 trim or a 60-1? Because that's what the difference is.. And why bother paying over 1000$ for a turbo that you can get cheaper elsewhere?

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Burnett03 said:
Well do you want a 50 trim or a 60-1? Because that's what the difference is.. And why bother paying over 1000$ for a turbo that you can get cheaper elsewhere?
Very, very valid point. You can still get a high quality turbo with the same specs for pretty cheap.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts