DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just curious as to if anyone has had any experience with this. I'm in the process of looking for a turbo manifold and found this to be half the price of a dnp manifold. Has anyone had any experience with it? Also, it says it's superior to cast iron and shipping weight is 14 pounds, so i'm curious if it weighs more than a stock manifold. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Got one on the 16g and on the 60-1. Love it!!!!!

For the smaller turbo, it's an even power band, rather then feeling slow then hitting the boost and push you back in your seat, it evens it out.

On the 60-1.. Just amazing! Def noticed a huge difference over the ported 2g mani. Spool time was improved!

·
Registered
462 Posts
My car trapped 116.5mph on a street night. With a heavily ported 2g manifold. A few weeks go by, same tune, FP manifold, and a rebuilt throttle body (original did not leak bad at all) and on in 84* weather the car trapped 118.5mph. I contribute the mph to the manifold mostly.... Helped me out. This was on a 16g.

WORLDS better than a DNP IMO. BEST Mitsu-style manifold out there, hands down.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Fp manifold hands down. The collector design really does help over a 2g style manifold. I could tell a change in the car from spool time (5 lbs by 2500 rpms) and the sound difference from the car.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Is there any information on a comparison between the two:
FP manifold vs. DNP?? I have a PTE5031e and would like to find the best manifold that have the biggest performance increase in spool up time.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have one on my 97 GSX with a 6 bolt swap. I just finished building the motor and got it running. Changed so many things, can't attribute anything to or from the manifold, but it definately seems to flow well and it is very nicely made. My car made 434AWHP on pump gas and was very smooth.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
wishihadatalon said:
why thank you, Swain Tech coating makes all things look nice :)
Most definately checking up on that stuff. How's it hold up to heat? How long have you had it on there?

·
Site Administrator
7,762 Posts
It's designed specifically for that application.

I run their piston coatings.

·
Site Administrator
7,762 Posts
Swaintech.com

They coat all kinds of things these days, they've also been around forever.

·
Registered
426 Posts
their coatings it the only one that is considered a thermal barrier. It lays on roughly 10x thicker than other ceramic coatings. It comes white, but they say that it does so well with heat that you can paint over it. I painted this one a light gray with VHT 2000 degree manifold paint. So far it has only changed a little color by the collector because of the heat seen in that area of the manifold (as noted on other fp manifold that I have seen). As far as price, I paid $385 for the manifold, turbine housing, and 02 housing to be coated. A little pricey but given that there are no heat shield options that I care for for the FP manifold, I figured I would try this.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Good stuff; price is debateable, if it keeps your stuff looking nice for a few years, then it was probably totally worth it in the long run

·
Registered
166 Posts
wishihadatalon said:
I painted this one a light gray with VHT 2000 degree manifold paint. So far it has only changed a little color by the collector because of the heat seen in that area of the manifold (as noted on other fp manifold that I have seen).
From the above said I wouldn't say then that it (the coating) does a superterrifik job. I used VHT 2000 on a bare (rusty) 2g manifold and the results were not much worse - some discoloration on the collector and a bit on the top of the runners. That paint is quite heat tolerant by itself.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts