DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. I have 4 gauge wire runninh to the trunk where I previously had an amp and a sub box (took it out to save weight), is that wire too big for the fp rewire? And do I need an inline fuse for it?

2. I was thinking about relocating my battery to the trunk, but I have a FWD, so wouldn't I want to leave it where it is, to keep as much weight on the front wheels as possible for traction (runon sentence :))?

-Thanks
-Dave

------------------
91 GST AT

·
Registered
231 Posts
Keep the battery under the hood. If you already have 4 gauge wire in the car ready to use, go ahead, the bigger the better! If you can figure a way to hook it up to the relay.

Zach
'92 Laser RS Turbo AWD
"RSX"

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Oh goodness! I hope that you already have an inline fuse on the 4 gauge line at the battery. You should ALWAYS put a fuse on ANY direct power leads going to the battery.
Why? In my previous car, the guy had wired a nitrous switch directly to the battery without a fuse. One day the switch came loose and fell onto the center console, and I saw smoke coming out from my footwell...Yikes! Good thing there wasn't any permanent damage. Now imagine what an accidental grounding of a 4 gauge wire, run presumably under carpeting, would do!

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a fuse inline for the amp, but do I need a fuse for the fp? I guess so.

-Dave

·
Registered
315 Posts
I have the exact same post on page 2. The latest reply was 9/24. Most people who responded said that i should run a separate wire from the battery for the fuel pump.

------------------
95GSX

·
Registered
315 Posts
Oh, then you are all set. You've got no work to do, I'm jealous.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ohmygawd, I read your post, but mine is a little different, the amp and the box are out for good, and I still have the wire.

-Dave

1 - 7 of 7 Posts