DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up Guys

I just Gave up on my 95 Turbo Prelude (Et'z high 12'z) Couldnt deal with the cops pulling me over everyday, so i decided to get a 99 GSX AWD and its already TURBO YAY=)

I have doin my research on DSM'z for a couple of months now. I am kinda stuck between a Frank Stage 2/3 Or a 20G or maybe even a Big 16G. My main concern would be streetability, I would like to keep my spool up times Low and STill have a Resonable top end power band. The Frank looks like it would work out best for me but Who knows, Experiance is what counts, thats why im askin you guys.

Also I was wondering what Exuast Is suggested for the GSX, Quitness is of the utmost important, I want to go with a 80MM Exuast, since the RSR isnt avalable anymore I Seem to get that the Thermal is loud, I dont care about Deep I car about Loud. So what exuast would you suggest for me?

thanx for any help guys

·
Registered
152 Posts
I would suggest you read the past threads on Franks/Garrets/BR20g's. The common thought is that Franks are a little iffy, and pretty laggy. A couple guys here have frank 3's- see what they think. The BR20g is tried and proven, other than jeff hill no one has run really fast with Franks. I am not going to speculate on which turbo is the best, because I haven't had any of them on my car. As far as the thermal exhaust goes, it really isn't that loud. My old dynomax was louder, and the buschur is louder yet (and better sounding) and the Buschur muffler looks a lot better than the thermal.

·
Premium Member
17,457 Posts
I have a 3" Thermal cat-back on the car with a 2.5" dp. The exhaust isn't loud until you add the test pipe. My exhaust is perfect for around town driving and hasn't gotten me in any trouble yet.

------------------
1995 Talon TSI fwd

·
Registered
871 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by wot:
which system do you guys think is louder..the 3" buscher or 3" ATR cat back?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

the 3" buschur is the atr..exact same thing that mach-5 sells also.

bill

------------------
95 tsi-awd
91 tsi-fwd
95 civic turbo
82 gti

·
Premium Member
17,457 Posts
HEY--back to the 20g vs. the Frank 3. Only because I wanted to start the same topic. :)

------------------
1995 Talon TSI fwd

·
Registered
43 Posts
It's actually pretty simple
Ya either want power or more power
lag or more lag
both turbo's are junk IMHO (no offense)
sure they work, but for the money theses guys are chrging for them get either a T3/T4 or (whispering) a Super20G.
Garretts are true street racer turbos. Set up properly the spool up quicker, make more power, and allow higher boost due to more efficient design. 20Gs were meant for deisel trucks, not cars revving to 8000 RPM.

But hey, your doing the right thing comin here and asking, and not just callin a shop and gettin a one-sided opinion.

------------------
Tony
95 GSX TS04
96 TSI T25!
90 GST Truck Turbo
old ride
\/

1 - 11 of 11 Posts