DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the little tiny gold box in my hand. It is screaching and making terrible noises....so i fried it last night when I grounded out a power wire by mistake. Anywho...it was behind my drivers side access panel..ALMOST hard to get to...and has like 8 wires coming out of it. Anyone know what this thing is called? It has the numbers E8T00177 in big print with 3408 up under that. Those numbers didn't get me anything when i searched on oem-car-parts.com, so if any of you know what its called....thanks in advance ;)

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
okay....after picking through my service manual (fun fun fun) the only thing i see that it could be is the MFI relay. can anyone confirm this? My starter relay is fucked also...so i guess this would make some sense.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Well if its your MPI relay then you should be getting no power to the ECU right? since the MPI (IIRC) fuse is the one that feeds the ECU.... would be one quick way of checking... just turn the key and if no CEL or guage lights come on, then your MPI it would be ;)

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yep...thats it. EWWWWW if thats the one that powers the ECU....i hope the ECU didn't get fried when that relay did....my luck it did though.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Buddy just had his stealth stolen, was the NT one.... he might know which yard has the car and get the ECU for a decent price if you did... lemme know and I'll check with him if you did ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts