DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A piece of 1990's (Nov. 1989) 1g memorabilia. Unique opportunity to purchase from 2nd owner who bought it in As New condition in '93. Garage kept in VA and adult owned since new. White with black top over charcoal. Orig. factory paint and interior are in excellent condition. Turbo 5-speed manual, A/C, power windows & locks, original AM/FM/cassette system, cruise control, removable cargo cover, comprehensive service & maintenance records since new, OEM parts have been used whenever possible, shop manual & orig owner's manual.

No rust. No accidents. 130,300 documented miles. Clean title.

It's now time to pass along to it's next custodian who we hope will care for it, as we have, in its stock condition. Priced commensurate with its fine cosmetic and mechanical condition (passed Sept 2018 annual state inspection, as usual, with no issues). Your inspection or your representative PPI is suggested & encouraged. Please PM me with questions &/or for more photos. All reasonable offers will be considered; low-ballers will be ignored.

Attachments

·
Honorary Moderator
2,723 Posts
Oops! :eek: -- meant to include with original post. Thanks for catching and letting me know. Asking $12,500.00.
Take 100k off the odometer and you're getting bites on that number.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Too bad I wasn't ready to sell 5 years ago when I could have gotten $10,000. Mileage wasn't under 100k then either. Sounds like interest and values may be declining for these cars?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
Unfortunately there arent many of use around and those that are have mostly moved onto other things. I honestly cant remember the last time I even saw a DSM on the road.

Ive been toying with the idea of getting an antique plate and putting mine back on the road but just dont have the time and prefer to dump what time and money I have into my jeep.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Right, one doesn't see many of these on the road any more. To clarify, this car isn't meant to be anyone's daily driver. It is a collector item. You won't find it on the road very often either but not because it needs work to get it running (reason for a little over 100k miles as it has always been driveable and street worthy). As we all know, it isn't good to let any car sit unused for a prolonged period and 130,330 miles over 28 years averages under 5k mi/year. There aren't many unmolested GSX 1g's (in excellent original condition) out there. This car isn't meant for someone who wants to modify it so no reason to dump money &/or time into it. That's also why you won't find it listed on DSMtuners. I understand this car won't be for most but if someone is seeking a rare, virgin survivor, one is currently available.

·
Registered
2 Posts
A piece of 1990's (Nov. 1989) 1g memorabilia. Unique opportunity to purchase from 2nd owner who bought it in As New condition in '93. Garage kept in VA and adult owned since new. White with black top over charcoal. Orig. factory paint and interior are in excellent condition. Turbo 5-speed manual, A/C, power windows & locks, original AM/FM/cassette system, cruise control, removable cargo cover, comprehensive service & maintenance records since new, OEM parts have been used whenever possible, shop manual & orig owner's manual.

No rust. No accidents. 130,300 documented miles. Clean title.

It's now time to pass along to it's next custodian who we hope will care for it, as we have, in its stock condition. Priced commensurate with its fine cosmetic and mechanical condition (passed Sept 2018 annual state inspection, as usual, with no issues). Your inspection or your representative PPI is suggested & encouraged. Please PM me with questions &/or for more photos. All reasonable offers will be considered; low-ballers will be ignored.
Is this car still for sale??

1 - 9 of 9 Posts