DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, for about the last 3 1/2 yeaqrs this car has been sitting in the back yard on my uncles property collecting dust. It was my daily driver when I bought it. The engine blew about 8 months after that. I've attempted to get most of it back together and running but with school and a real career starting soon, plus the insane cost of premium gas, I no longer have the time to work on it. It does not need much more to get up and running. Most likely just a little re-wiring around the wires that normally corrode around the thermostat housing and a DSMer that's willing to take somethin and finish it to keep for them self or re-sell for a profit. I am in need of the money so decent offers will not be refused. I'm looking to get 3k obo since that's below the amount of money that I've put into it. Here's a bit of the rundown since I've only been able to find some free time on my vacation this week in the outer banks...

1991 GSX Eclipse w/ around 125k on the body. Originally a CA car. Not really any rust except in front of the rear wheels towards the front side of the wheel wells on both sides. Painted right before I bought it in 2003. Exterior is filthy right now from sitting. Interior needs a shampoo and cleaning because i also have most of the misc parts to put in back together sitting inside.

2 1/2" turbo back exhuast
tubular O2
14b turbo with minimal shaft play... very minimal. It also has a slight crack in the exhaust housing
2G manifold with drill port for temp sensor
Sportline Springs with 2k on them
AGX Adjustable shocks front and rear with 2k miles
Good condition 2G GST silver 5 star rims and newer goodyear tires... and also an extra set of white 16" TSI rims. Tires on these are worn

Engine was rebuilt by Joe Pettit over 2 /12 years ago. Has been sitting in the car with new prothane motor mounts. All seals and bearings were replaced. Seals are mostly OEM and so are the main bearings. The head has 82k on it from a donor 92 awd tsi 6/4 that I bought goin back to swap the entire drivetrain into.

Joe also has in his possesion the 82k transfercase for the car. I'll have to work on gettin back from him if someone's interested. He didn't use the transfer case at all but was borrowing it to do some mocking up for one of his projects. The trans is also bolted up to the engine. It also has 82k on it. Shifted very smooth with no grinds. It's mated to a new never used ACT 2600 clutch with street disk. The 4-bolt rear is sitting outside of the car, not installed yet as well. It has 82k just like the other drivetrain parts.

The oil cooler has also been swapped to that of the 90 model. A B&M oil cooler also goes along with the deal. Everything must go.

If there's any more questions I'll be happy to answer them. There's some other things I'm forgetting now but I'll update them as I remember and post pics when I get home. Just wanted to get the word out ASAP. Thanks for reading.

-Chris

·
Registered
593 Posts
PM'ed

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tryin to work on the pics. I'll have them up as soon as I can get em.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Car is located in northeast PA. Half hour east of Scranton. Half hour west of milford, off of I-84. Workin on pics now. I'll have the couple blemishes up first then a couple old pics and also a pic of the engine bay.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The first pic is of when I picked the car up over 4 years ago. As you should be able to tell in the other pics, it has been sittin and will need a thorough cleaning. I will be able to upload more recent pics when I get back to my other computer. This will be next thursday or friday.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Also forgot to mention that it has a new/never used ACT 2600 clutch with street disk, and stock resurfaced flywheel. The car is a 6 bolt/4 bolt. It can be towed because the rear is not installed. No reasonable offers will be refused.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, here some more pics of the interior, misc, and mileage count on the frame. Also some pics to show before the trans was in so you can see the ACT.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Area code is 18426. That's where it's located

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just checking back in, and wanted to say that this would make a good base car to start a project with. Wish I had the time to put it back together otherwise I'd keep it. Can't just see it sit anymore not being put to use. Feel free to make an offer.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Whats the status of this car?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Had a few offers around the 2.5k range. So it's negotiable

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi Joe, I remember talking to you not long ago when you were selling your DSM. Yes, I am not far at all from you but I have someone who is very interested in purchasing the car right now. I'll let you know if something falls through though. Thanks for your interest!

·
Registered
138 Posts
NAT01 said:
Hi Joe, I remember talking to you not long ago when you were selling your DSM. Yes, I am not far at all from you but I have someone who is very interested in purchasing the car right now. I'll let you know if something falls through though. Thanks for your interest!
The clean red auto car? If so, I still regret selling that one- I GAVE it away to a friends brother for $1200 trying to be nice and help him out since he was in hard times and he didn't appreciate it one bit plus he has let the car go to crap :(. It is a complete POS now, it's sad. He is a fricken slob. Not that he owed me anything for selling it to him cheap, but you'd think some people would at least appreciate it. I guess that is why he is in the position he's in to begin with.

Anyway, sorry for the rant- certainly keep me posted. Also, I am really just looking for an AWD shell- so if you know of any others with bad motors/trans, no motors, auto or stick, let me know :). Just has to be a half decent body. Thanks.
Joe

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It's still up for grabs. Any decent offer between 2-2.5k and it's yours. Thanks

-Chris

1 - 20 of 20 Posts