DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Paul Portuese
Paypal: [email protected] (i use my gf's and no i'm not a girl :p )

Description:
I can make catch cans, coolant overflow tanks or any assorment of your basic needs. I do this in my spare time for fun and for a very minimal profit. Some of these I sell at a loss. Simply because I need practice and you need cheap parts and they don't need to be taking up room on my shelf. I can do any simple/basic thing you need. Keep in mind I sold my 2g and do not have access to another one to mock up any parts. Also I will NOT make a fuel cell and will not weld an elbow on a turbo outlet. I will also not weld anything onto a stock manifold that is cast or repair cracks in a cast manifold. These require nickle rod which is NOT cheap and I don't have a oxy/fuel torch to properly heat the part.

If you need anything else welded, please contact me and I will see what I can. If it's something beyond my skill level I will refer you to someone that used to do all my welding for me and he is fantastic.

Warranty: I offer a 30 warranty on my parts if any of the welds break. Simply send the part back
and pay for shipping.

Typical Turnaround time: Expect a few days to a week at most. I do this in my spare time and also have a full time job and a baby that takes priority. I will not do any welding at all when my daughter is with me on my weekends. I am also on call for work every other week so my schedule is kind of crazy.

Prices: Prices vary depending on the product, amount of time invovled and parts. I offer sandblasting of the part I sell for an additional $5-$10 each part. Sorry I do not do powder coating.

Thanks, let me know if I missed anything.

3.75" x 3.5" x 3.75" aluminum catch can. Made from .063 6061 aluminum
2 ports, and a drain. Standard 1/4 NPT fittings

The entire thing except the top is sandblasted, but it will be before it ships. It's then ready to be wiped down, and powdercoated or polished. It's up to you. I sanded down all the welds as can be seen in the first two pics but didn't like it, so I rewelded the entire thing.
It is NOT empty inside. I did make 2 baffle plates with steel wool in between. So it will pull the oil from the vapor and prevent it from being sucked back up.

Warranty: As long as I have a tig welder, if it cracks, send it back and I'll fix it free. Simple as that.

Why did I make it: Because I have nothing better to do and I need little projects to keep fine tuning my skills. I hope that the buyer would run this for a while and let me know what you think, and how much oil it catches over time.

Bolting on: If you want a bracket welded on, take some measurements or give me an idea of how you want a bracket welded on. Price = free.
$50 shipped to the lower 48.

Keep in mind I have probably $30 in materials into this and cut everything out by hand. Fitment, welding, drilling holes, and sandblasting, I have literally about 4-5 hours into this.

·
1,990 Posts
Is this something that you are going to continue to make??

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep, but in different shapes and sizes. I want someone to try out this baffle because I have a ton of ways to make them.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Few that I did awhile ago sitting around the garage. Make an offer

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Now that you're a good welder stop making those square catch can and shape one that'll fit in the passenger corner and bolt on the firewall (2gen). Yeah it would mean to put the battery in the trunk but who cares. A real catch can that every one will want ;)

Nice weld by the way !

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good idea, but I don't have a 2g to mock anything up. I need measurements.
Not sure what to make next. Having a hard time getting all the pieces perfectly square.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Few that I did awhile ago sitting around the garage. Make an offer
The small one on the far right has been sold.

Prices.
Bottom left (has 2 1/4 NPT bungs and drain) and all sandblasted
$40 shipped

Top one. No holes in it yet, but I can add barb fittings where ever you like. Not 100% square since I was playing with the brake press. Will add a drain today.
$30 shipped

Tall round one. Has a different type of baffle. 2 ports. One barb on the side and top one is a tube. JDM was sandblasted into it.
$25 shipped

Keep in mind I ship ups so that is a minimal $9 each package, drain fittings are $4 each, aluminum fittings are $5-$7 each and the aluminum itself is $8 a sheet. Plus filler, tungsten, gas, my time. I'm making not much if anything at all on these.

I can add a bracket to any of these you like for free.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Do you think you'll be able to make a coolant reservoir/catch can combination? I'm still looking for one, i'm in no rush to get it. I'm only a fraction into my build.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Pm me some ideas and I will see what I can do!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Will do! I have to drag some parts out of some boxs to get a rough idea of how I want it to fit because my firewall is striped. But i'll try to make some time for it this weekend.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cool no rush. I am going to try and make another round one tonight.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Bottom left catch can sold.

Made a coolant overflow tank today and it came out really well! The bracket came ok, but the can is nice. $40 shipped. Going to get a brass fitting for the top tonight.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
A different overflow in the works. I have hours of measuring/cutting/welding/grinding into this one. I hope i turns out well.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
^^This one has been a royal bitch.^^ Hopefully done soon.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
^^This one is on ebay. One in the first pic on this page is sold.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts