DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 99 gsx fuel gauge reads 1/4 tank when it's empty. Car has bigger fuel pump that was installed when I bought car. I removed pump to check if he bent fuel sender or if somthing was hitting sender. see nothing wrong. any tips? thanks

·
Registered
122 Posts
Normaly the problem is reverse............. I mean most people still have 1/4 in the tank when light come on!
And most people learn to live with it.......... that's what I do!
I know there was a cheap fix somewhere here but you'll have to be handy whit electronics (the fix was for reading empty before time though or some kind of recalibration so it might/or not fix your's also)

·
Registered
849 Posts
bjmauck said:
my 99 gsx fuel gauge reads 1/4 tank when it's empty. Car has bigger fuel pump that was installed when I bought car. I removed pump to check if he bent fuel sender or if somthing was hitting sender. see nothing wrong. any tips? thanks
I have the same problem on my 95' when I bought it used. previous owner said it's a recall on the fuel pump and level sensor that nothing dealership could do about it. Mine is empty at about 1/8 mark. you read 1/4? I lived with it for about 8 years now. I am okay with it. Just need to estimate 350 miles per tank. also the gas light is still very accurate, as I think it reads from a different sensor... so use the gas empty light instead of the meter.

have anyone fixed it yet?

Andrew

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.