DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok well today me and my mechanic were changing my Fuel line and my mechanic think I have chosen a wrong fuel line size ... :eek:

Walbro 255 lph
From the pump to fuel filter: -8 An
Filter is Aeromotive 10 micron : -8 An to -10 An
Filter to Fuel Rail : -8 An
AEM Fuel Rail
Fuel Rail to FPR : -8 An
FPR to gaz tank : -6 An

He said to me search but I think you need a -6 An line from the pump to Fuel Filter , -6 An line from Fuel Filter to Fuel Rail, -8 An from fuel rail to FPR, and -6 An return line ... :(

wich setup is the best ? :confused: :huh:

Im running Evo III, FMIC, 650cc with DSM Link ... Going to uprade turbo in the futur so I tought that -8 An would be the best choice ???

Thanks for your help and reply your opinion !

·
Registered
569 Posts
Its perfectly fine. Your really went overboard with your fuel but its fine. Althought -6an is more then enough for most people, -8an wont hurt a thing.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
reply to CanadianTSI
My fuel line is no more good so decided to replace with SS line ...
lol you still dont reply to my question ... Its easy to say: Stock fuel lines are more than enough for 95% of this board...
wow good advice lol but advance me to nothing !!!
should I keep my initial setup with -8 An like lasthope05 said and it will be fine or should I switch back to -6 An ?

·
Registered
363 Posts
You're going to get opinions about sizes from everybody.

I have the FFWD Connection setup. It uses -6an lines all the way through which have pushed out 1000whp. I think that'll be enough at the end of the day.

You already bought everything, as long as you have the right fittings there's nothing to worry about.

FFWD High Flow Kit (Just to add a little something to look at)

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This can help to ! Just found this on www.AEMpower.com

The following table will help you determine which hose size is correct for your application: These sizes are based on a nominal fuel pressure of 40 psi.

Fuel Delivery Hose Sizes
Gasoline Powered Engines
Up to 499 HP .344” hose -6AN
500 - 799 HP .437” hose -8 AN
900 – 1100 HP .562” hose -10 AN

Methanol Engines
Up to 499 HP .437” hose -8 AN
500 - 799 HP .562” hose -10 AN
900 – 1100 HP .687” hose -12 AN

The above table should be used for typical passenger car applications. However, for custom applications the hose run length will affect fuel delivery. If you have a long hose run, then the actual flow will have to be determined by running the fuel pump into a graduated cylinder, then measuring the flow vs. time and calculating the flow in gallons per hour (g/h). Also note that if fuel banjos are used in the system be sure they have adequate fuel flow capability.

The fuel return hoses should be one size smaller than the delivery hose. For the sample engine described above, we would use a .437” (- delivery hose and a .344” (-6) return hose.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

So Now I can sleep without worried anymore !

·
Registered
850 Posts
Thats kind of a good picture, I never though about threading a 3/8 or 1/2" x -6an adapter into the fuel rail, would efinately eliminate the possible leak of the fuel rail adapter.

Thomas
90 TSi AWD

·
Registered
569 Posts
Sleeper7 said:
You're going to get opinions about sizes from everybody.

I have the FFWD Connection setup. It uses -6an lines all the way through which have pushed out 1000whp. I think that'll be enough at the end of the day.

You already bought everything, as long as you have the right fittings there's nothing to worry about.

FFWD High Flow Kit (Just to add a little something to look at)

I have never heard of -6an supporting 1000whp.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Stock fuel lines are more than enough for 95% of this board...
What size is a stock fuel line for an 02 gt spyder? Just curious. Looking for the push to connect connector size i need for the nylon tube coming from the pump to the hard line. I keep seeing people say they are 5/8" and then some say 3/8". Im pretty sure the nylon hose running from the pump is 3/8". But the hard line looks larger. It has the push connector flare on the hard line but i have searched for 3 hours tonight and CANNOT find stock fuel line size for this damn thing anywhere!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts