DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to purchase a in-line fuel pump, and I was wondering how much fuel pressure can the lines hold..
Can some one give me some help.
The pump pushes
40 gal. per hour
40 to 100psi--max
Can a 90 Talon hold this much pressure?
also what is a good fuel regulator?
kid-tsi

·
Registered
921 Posts
yes not to worry, the line pressure is not the problem. The problem is the line size but this isn't a problem till you hit about 118 MPH
in the 1/4 mile for a AWD car ( around mid 400 HP )

Also don't get a inline. it can only flow as much as you intake can at ) PSI so the stocker is good for 180-190 LTR/HR at best. best bet
is a Walbro or Supra Pump. I personally think for the mods you have ( I know this by the Q your asking =-) you won't need more then
a 190 intank. Hard wired this is a 210 pump at best. The reason to do this is cost.

Get your pump from WWW.VFAQ.COM
Tom S is a trusted friend and a good Guy for al the work he has done for the DSMers he deserves the business

Bill Marino
Hole Shot Performance

[This message has been edited by Rdy2race (edited October 24, 2000).]

·
Registered
17 Posts
That all makes sense except the part about an inline only being as good as the intank fuel pump. This is not true, once the inline fuel pump starts to flow more then the intank pump the intake is only used as a pickup. I was running a vortech inline fuel pump with a stock pump for awhile. i have since upgraded to a holley 255 hi pressure pump. At the time it was cost effective, I had the pump from my old blown stang. Figured if it worked on a high 10 sec stang a dsm was no problem. Only problem is finding a spot for the inline pump and it is also very loud so mounting it in the hatch area is no good. I mounted mine in back outside, I couldn't hear it inside the car, but was very noticable outside the car. I would reccomend getting a huge intank pump and it is easier to install, you don't have to run wires, relays and cut fuel lines.

------------------
Jonny
Got BOOST? Does a car good.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts