DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 8 guage wire running to an aftermarket AMP in the hatch. This wire is fused at the battery.

Can I just tap into this wire to rewire the fuel pump? Will the drain of the amp affect the fuel pump?

------------------
95GSX

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The amp doesn't affect my headlights. It's only 60W x 4 RMS. I don't have any caps.

·
Registered
729 Posts
I wouldn't recommend doing that, especially if you have a powerful amp.

It would probably work without problems until you turn up your music and the bass kicks in. The amp will draw away from the pump and the pump away from the amp.

Just buy some 8 or 10 ga and follow the path of the stuff thats already there to minimize problems.

·
Registered
7 Posts
NO DON'T DO THAT! It could jack up your fuel pump. Go check out the fuel pump rewire at www.vfaq.com and check out the 2nd gen fuel pump rewire. I did the mod and it seems fine. Used a separate wire.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Spliting this wire for anything would be a bad idea. The amp will draw too much current for itself and it will drain power away from whatever you are connecting to it. Wiring the fuel pump to it might kill the performance of the fuel pump. And if a song you're bumpin hits at the same time that you hit the gas....you might get an unwelcome surprise. :)

------------------
'92 Eclipse GS 2.0L NT
http://www.geocities.com/trueracers

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK, Thanks guys

------------------
95GSX

1 - 7 of 7 Posts