DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Already boys and girls here's a good one for ya, 1990 gs eclipse turbo fwd, has power to accessorys up till you try and crank it, and when you crank it all power is lost, but if you bypass the starter she runs like a charm and clues or suggestions?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bypasssing the starter by jumping the connector, and as for the CPS i disconnected it, i even tried to use a jumper wire to see if just sending the signal back to the ECU was the problem is't it either, also if it's of any important the a$$hole before me was nice enough to put the wrong size battery in her and it arched on the hood, thinking of just checking all wires between ignition and starter

·
Registered
486 Posts
90EclipseTurbo said:
Bypasssing the starter by jumping the connector
I think you have my vote for longest runon sentance ;)

??? which connector are you discribing in the above stament ?

Maybe your starter selinoid has a short..... You could always disconect the power wire from the starter and see what happens..

So are you saying you can *start* the car by bypassing the starter ? If not, will it start being push started ?

·
Registered
309 Posts
Why does everyone run to the ECU??? Dude you have a corroded or loose connection at your battery.. Clean and tighten the cable clamps and you are off

1 - 6 of 6 Posts