DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read all the fwd launching techniques and to tell the truth i still cant launch i just got my 2100 in and havent launched it yet. I read on the dsm times page that the best for a fwd with a t-25 is a 13.99 with a 2.2 60 ft time. My car definatly feels like a 13 sec car but i guess its because launching is so hard. Can someone give me some good pointers on what to try or what to do tomorow at the track. I hope my car can run a 13 sec pass ive hung with cars that run 13s but from a roll not a launch. thanks guys and wish me luck:happy:

·
Registered
166 Posts
I would experiment with dumping the clutch at various rpms to find that magic rpm that doesnt burn the tires off and yet wont bog down....I have limited high performance FWD experience though.

Also, I remember seeing one of those car magazine shows with one of their drivers explaining how they test cars and he used the above technique to find the best 1/4 mile time.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I forgot to mention that lowering your tire pressure may help depending on how much sidewall your tires have.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Read the fwd launching threads and then just go out and do it...

And get some drag radials if you don't have them already and adjustable shocks..at least for the rear and put them on their stiffest setting.

Sometimes I hate fwd, my car can beat my friends mid 12 second gsx on the highway but I can't touch it at the dragstrip...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts