DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my big question of the day is about sub frames. I haven't found anything about the rear end sub frames being remotely the same.

Will the awd sub frame off of a 92 GSX fit in place of a 96 GST fwd sub frame? Would it fit with a little modding? I would like to do the swap, but I need to know what else I need. Or would I just need a 2g parts car?

Ghost Rider

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
Ghost Rider said:
So my big question of the day is about sub frames. I haven't found anything about the rear end sub frames being remotely the same.

Will the awd sub frame off of a 92 GSX fit in place of a 96 GST fwd sub frame? Would it fit with a little modding? I would like to do the swap, but I need to know what else I need. Or would I just need a 2g parts car?

Ghost Rider
No.

You want AWD? Buy it, its cheaper and easier then all the parts and fabrication involved. The only time its remotely worth while is if you make a Spyder AWD. The down side is it will be 300-400lbs heavier than a normal GSX.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I want awd, but the catch is, I bought this car for 500 dollars lol. I don't really want to spend a pretty penny if it's possible with what I already have. And weight isn't an issue.

But the sub frames aren't close to the same? Because if they are I can fabricate up new mounts.

·
Premium Member
9,818 Posts
Re: 1

defg282 said:
I didn't need anything in particular, butwas this shop down in Maryland that had all the toys and lingerie a person could need. That would be an excellent place to get me hot, get ideas, and maybe do a little teasing. You never know I might even get something for myself. Maybe one of those vibrators I could wear under my clothing... I could get off while driving and no one would ever know.
How did the double tap to center mass feel there buddy!:tat:

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
Re: 1

defg282 said:
I'm a dirty spammer short and stout. Here is my membership, I'm being kicked out!
Effing Classic!

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Ghost Rider said:
Not interchangeable as in what? Not the same mounts? Not wide enough? Because if the mounts aren't the same, that would be a good write up. I just need to know what's not compatible. Hmm, maybe a tubular sub frame....
Why don't you just get a 2g subframe and go that route? The 1g subframe is TOTALLY different, and you'd be totally crazy to not just get a 2g subframe that BOLTS in opposed to hacking up 2 perfectly good cars to do something that will never get done.

·
Registered
263 Posts
The_EE said:
No.

You want AWD? Buy it, its cheaper and easier then all the parts and fabrication involved. The only time its remotely worth while is if you make a Spyder AWD. The down side is it will be 300-400lbs heavier than a normal GSX.

Cough cough... bought my whole setup $500 without transfer case. cheaper... no. If he has a 500 dollar car to mess with as a project. and can get all the parts for under 1000. please show me where any year AWD is for 1,500 and I will be first in line.

Thanks

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.