DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone heard much about the new GT-25 from Ballistic Concepts(garrett)? If so, what are the advantages to this or the GT-30 over a 16g or more conventional turbo? Is it worth the price? By the way, I have a '99 Eclipse turbo, and it's time for a new turbo!
Thanks

·
Registered
871 Posts
i think the garrett gt series are ball
bearing turbo's, not sure though. i think the gt-25 is basically a ball bearing t-25 so i couldn't see that great of hp increase.
i think the gt series is what hks uses and they are pretty exspensive. just get the big 16g or even go strait to the 20g like i
did :D .

bill........i think.

------------------
95 tsi-awd
91 tsi-fwd
95 civic turbo
82 gti

·
Registered
96 Posts
Yep, the GT-25's are ball bearing. The "25" or "30" part actually refers to the turbine housing flange size. The compressor housing size can range from something the size of a 14b/16g through to a small T4. Hence the naming convention used by HKS (eg. 2530, 2540, etc.).

------------------
Cya O!
SPOOLIN!
http://www3.sympatico.ca/gstagno/index.htm

·
Registered
43 Posts
GT-25, exaxctly what is says, a t25 with ball bearings. Just what we need, a faster spooling t25. I guess if ya like to blow hot air and not grenade you turbo when you run 25 PSI (bill)--->(bzzzzt, tony you are still slower :eek: ) this would work for you. But if your like most of us and want to make power get a real turbo, T88, J/K. Look into a t3/t4 setup. Manifolds are popping up all over the place, HKS has a nice new one, Dougs Dyno Power, DSS, turbochargers.com, you get the picture. For the turbo there are literally a hundred different options. Let an experienced shop like extreme or buschur help you with what will suit your needs.
Id go with a t3 stage 3 hot side and a t04E .64 a/r cold side, but thats just me. This with spool quicker than a frank 3 and be good for about 100 more HP of flow capabilities (~600)

------------------
Tony
95 GSX
96 TSI
90 GST

[This message has been edited by 4npower (edited August 30, 2000).]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts