DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where is the best place to tap for power for the boost guage light in a 2G Eclipse. I checked the VFAQ, but I didn't like the idea of wrapping the wire around the fuse.

------------------
95GSX

·
Registered
205 Posts
I tapped mine to the fuse box under the dash. I think there is a "gauge" fuse for the dash lights. I just wrapped the gauge light wire around that fuse and stuck it back in. It works whenever the ignition is on. If anyone knows of a better place, please let me know too! Thanks.

------------------
Ray
1998 Eclipse GST
Mods: 3" Thermal R&D, Greddy TypeS bov, dump tube removal, MBC, Sprint Lowering springs, strut bars, Autometer gauges, HKS timer, custom interior, 17" performance rims

[This message has been edited by spltscnd98gst (edited September 21, 2000).]

·
Registered
729 Posts
I tapped mine right into the dimmer. That way it lights up with the rest of the gauges and dims too. Don't know if you can do it on a 2g

·
Registered
231 Posts
A fues tap is just a thin piece of metal that you put in with the tap. It can go in with either runner on the fuse, think of a thin rectange. One end goes in the fuse panel (along with the fuse) and the other sticks out. You attach to that with a spade connector. Sometimes you can find them in with the bus fuses. The way you did it was fine. I just like the finished look of mine.

Zach
'92 Laser RS Turbo AWD
"RSX"

·
Registered
231 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by spltscnd98gst:
I tapped mine to the fuse box under the dash. I think there is a "gauge" fuse for the dash lights. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

HA! That's where I tapped to! Only I used an actual fuse tap (cheap at Walmart!). You ever notice the backlight will dim slightly when the bass hits (subs in the back) or you turn on your turn signal? Not too much of an annoyance.

Zach
'92 Laser RS Turbo AWD

·
Registered
205 Posts
ATK,
yeah..I've noticed it but you would really have to pay attention to it. Hey..whats a fuse tap? Is it safer to use than what I did with mine?

------------------
Ray
1998 Eclipse GST
Mods: 3" Thermal R&D, Greddy TypeS bov, dump tube removal, MBC, Sprint Lowering springs, strut bars, Autometer gauges, HKS timer, custom interior, 17" performance rims

[This message has been edited by spltscnd98gst (edited September 22, 2000).]

·
Registered
205 Posts
ATK,

Thanks! I'm gonna have to look for one of those. The way I hooked it up is kinda cheesy.

------------------
Ray
1998 Eclipse GST

·
Registered
333 Posts
i tapped into the wire that goes to the lightbulb above your foot, that way the dimmer switch will work on it..........

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I thought that light only comes on when the door is open? If not that would be perfect because it is easy to get to.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I would suggest that you go to the RRE website and check their gauge install. This way the light comes on only when you turn your headlights on, and also dims. They tap into the cigarette lighter light.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I ended up using the cigarette lighter light. It worked great. Thanx.

------------------
95GSX

1 - 12 of 12 Posts