DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
once more my brother asked me to post some questions..seems as though the 2gnt board is not helping him out... he has a 97 rs with a star t3/t4 kit, and rebuilt engine (those are his major mods)

ok his problem is in finding out where exactly he should hook up the other end of a vacuum line thats come off of the greddy type s bov...where does he need to pull vacuum from... ??? sorry i can really read my own handwritting so if you konw what i am talking about help but if you don't well i'll be calling him shortly so... its ok don't strain yourself.. haha sorry

he has a T opening thats leads to the feul gauge and to the boost gauge. he was advised to draw boost for the fmu from the turbo (a trick the ecu type of thing)

this kind of relates to the other question i posted that was sent to non turbo, i think he is having trouble witht the gauges and doesn't want to risk anything..

i'm sorry that this is unclear... i trying to help him out and he was telling me things so quickly that my writing got really sloppy and i could barely keep up.. i'll email him or call him later.

·
Registered
701 Posts
The BOV should get its vacuum from the intake manifold, or somewhere close to there. You really could take it from the same line that is used for the boost gauge, but usually, the vacuum port on the BOV is bigger than a standard vacuum port.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hm.. thanks a lot. yeah my brother told me that he was told to take the vac from the intake but wanted to be sure.. thanks a lot

1 - 3 of 3 Posts