DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 90 AWD Talon with an eprom ecu and was wondering which was the best method for gitting rid of fuel cut. Should I hack the MAS or should I get the eprom from technomotive??? What are the pros and cons of each method and which would you do??

·
Registered
557 Posts
I've heard nothing but good things about the Technomotive EPROMs. I'd do that first if I were you and go from there.

Jesse
99 GSX

·
Premium Member
17,457 Posts
Depending on where you are in mods you could also use a fuel computer to tune the fuel cut out. If you need to do some tuning you could kill 2 birds with one stone.

·
Registered
729 Posts
I had my mas modified by boostedperformance and have never experienced fuelcut. I run my 14b to 20 psi.

·
Premium Member
514 Posts
How did Boosted Performance "modify" your MAS? I "adjusted" my old MAS back when I had the '92 GVR4 and used to run 23 psi through it (14B). I am a little leery of any work done by Boosted Performance. Heard of him blowing up a *lot* of engines (some are customer's cars) and then has to have another tuner rebuild them for him.

·
Registered
921 Posts
A modded MAS is a double edge sword. If you know what your doing then great you will be fine. if you don't......... Experienced tuners know when you hear knock it has been pounding for some time, that the Lean motor only takes a few seconds to do REAL damage, and that you SHOULDN'T run a modded MAS with out SOME type of fuel control or enough knowledge to tune the car down ( but really then your countering the Mod by down tuning the car B/C of knock and miss calibrated fuel system) so you don't have that dam low end lean out that pulls the timing back. Some type of fuel control is needed, Even a Adj. FPR in the right hands is enough.

But here is the prob. About 90% of the people buying the Modded MAS are doing it for ALL the wrong reason. They don't really know what they are buying and what it is doing. First off, ALMOST all of the MAS mods done by shops are just cutting the lower part of the MAS apart, making it larger and only a few do mods to the sensor it self. the ones that do are the ones to worry about. Not that they are bad, FAR FROM it. ( Al Blah high 10's 1G MODDED MAS But Al knows his S%@T!!!) It's just that it is the CUSTOMERS RESPONSIBILITY to know what they are doing.

( GASP!! you mean that if I buy it "I" am RESPONSIBLE if the car blows!!)

But the term "get rid of FC" is so loose and half of the people think that MORE BOOST is the answer but the FC stops them. 14-17 PSI is FINE for most cars on the street and TUNED RIGHT it won't FC. The right line up of mods the car will make more power at 14 PSI then most at 20PSI. it's all about tuning.

Did any body see the word Tuning used here =-)

Bill Marino
NYC DSM

1 - 7 of 7 Posts