DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, i read the VFAQ, but i wanted to know a few things. My car is boging down bad when i give her more then 50% throttle (in 4th and 5th gear i can't really notice it, so its only in 1st 2nd and 3rd gear it happens). some new plugs and wires are coming from extreme, and i wanted to pressure test the intake.

What size hose should i use for the T25 (to connect to it)? is it the same as the VFAQ (isn't that a 14b they are reffering to)?

im going to try it once with the TB open, once with it off. What other lines should i block off to get a correct reading?

are there any tell tale signs that the clutch is slipping? The problem just started a few days ago. I installed a K&N FIPK and when i start the car my idle dropes low. maybe ill undo it and see what happens.

thanks for any help about the pressure test.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
I didnt use a hose
I used:
2" to 1.5" reducer
1.5" end cap
tire valve

and JB welded it all, If I was to do it again I'd have a hose on the end so its easier to attach the air to it

bypass the MBC if you have one

if your clutch is slipping, when you go uphill (noticable 1st) the revs climb but you dont go any faster

did you disconnect the battery? perhaps

1 - 3 of 3 Posts