DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. There is a guy on dsmtrader selling a fuel pump with 45K on it--came off a 3000GT VR-4. He wants 80 dollars for it and it's in good shape. Quiet pump, easy install? Thanks.

Kevin V.
Gainesville, FL
'90 Talon TSi FWD
16G, MAS mods with K&N

·
Premium Member
3,398 Posts
I think it drops right in, and it is a good pump, better do a search to make sure though...

I would rather spend 30$ more for a new walbro...

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
trbotsi...fuel pump???

Hey where did you get your vr4 fuel pump and was it new? The list price is 400 some dollars and most places sell it new for 150. Thanks.

Kevin V.
'90 Talon TSi FWD

·
Registered
17 Posts
The VR4 pump is a direct drop in, works great for basic upgrades, id be scared to use one with anything bigger than a 16g, but then again, im all about fuel system overkill.

Jesse

·
Registered
170 Posts
You have FWD it will be harder to put in and you can get a brand new one for 83.00 (part # FPD007) from http://www.autoperformanceengineering.com/ I got mine from there and I had no problem with shipping or wait. You dont need bigger than 190 because with a 225 you will need a different fuel pressure regulator. 190 works fine in my AWD.:scholar: Good look.
Also remember DO NOT PAY MORE THAN $100 FOR YOUR FUEL PUMP. $400 is way too much. Tell the to KICK ROCKS:tat:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts