DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some guy in my area is selling his 1992 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX. His description is 31,000 original miles, kept in garage in winter, has never seen rain or snow, and you could eat of the engine bay. He's selling his car for 9,000 bucks? KBB value is like 4,500 or 4,000. Should he be sellin it for so much??

Steve, No car!!!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The interior is in perfect condition as well.

·
Registered
353 Posts
i know but 9,000. i was telling u that you COULD get a 2g for that price. shit u can get a 300zxTT or 3000gt TT for that price. 9,000 is way too much IMO. especially if bluebok is 4000, thats more than double the blue book!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the thing is 1st gen's are better then 2nd's. They were bulit better and the turbos in 1st's can take more modification. And another reason why i like 1st's is they don't cost a lot to modify. :( Idk i was wondering if the guy should even be askin that much?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Got DSM said:
the thing is 1st gen's are better then 2nd's. They were bulit better and the turbos in 1st's can take more modification. And another reason why i like 1st's is they don't cost a lot to modify. :( Idk i was wondering if the guy should even be askin that much?
Its his car, he can try and sell it for whatever he wants. How about you ask him why hes selling it for so much? If you think its too much, make a lower offer. If he doesn't come off his price, wait a few weeks/months and make another offer.

The only force capable of determing the price of that car is the used car market. If someone is willing to pay $9000 for that car, then thats how much it should be sold for.

·
Registered
582 Posts
This guy is fairly unintelligent. Asking $9k for an 11 year old car, however 'mint' it may be, is ludicrous. Blue book is just a ballpark price too. Every car I've bought has been below the 'blue book' value. I'm wondering how this guy has figured his car is worth $9000.

Also, why would he put an ALL WHEEL DRIVE car into storage for the winter? It's not exactly a collectors car. I'm thinkin he might've used it as a drag car or somethin and pushed it hard. Then he probably removed all the performance parts, swapped the stock parts back on and is selling it pretending it's been stock since he bought it. Sorry, I just don't buy an 11 year old car being worth $9000.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Got DSM said:
And another reason why i like 1st's is they don't cost a lot to modify.
Well, I'm no 1G expert, but I would think that the cost of the go-fast goodies for 1Gs and 2Gs is pretty similar.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
true true, idk i was just wondering peoples opinions

·
Site Administrator
7,762 Posts
doug said:

Well, I'm no 1G expert, but I would think that the cost of the go-fast goodies for 1Gs and 2Gs is pretty similar.
Both have their ups and downs we all have to live with.

·
Registered
72 Posts
9 grand is too much imo. if it is in that good of shape 4-5 grand would be the most I would go. if you pay that much for it you'll wish you would have bought a less "nicer"--(grammer) car and had the extra $ for mods!:D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts