DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Elite DSMtalker
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a chance to pick up a 6 bolt 1g that's been wrecked for 350. has 5x,xxx miles on it but i have no idea what a 4 year sit on a wrecked dsm will do. Im planning on taking a gallon of gas, oil and battery. I only want the motor so the rest will be scrapped. Any hope?

·
Registered
251 Posts
For $350 I'd buy it. The turbocharger alone can be sold for that much if it works. Definately a go for me.

·
Elite DSMtalker
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If i didnt have a garage full of that crap i would jump on it. i just dont want another problem

·
Registered
251 Posts
Then buy it, just clean up the motor (combustions chambers and all, 4 years is a long time) and you'll be fine (in theory).

·
Elite DSMtalker
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
that's what im hoping. I could think of any reason why it wouldn't work, and didn't get any more from you guys so im going to go ahead and pick her up.

·
Site Administrator
7,762 Posts
the 6blt i'm currently running 20k miles on sat for that long with a damaged head. Tore it apart, only minor surface rust that i brushed off with a cloth.

·
Registered
353 Posts
350 is nothing. as long as it runs, pull it. even if you dont need it resell it to someone who crankwalked.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
yeah take it and sell it to someone who is looking for one to rebuild anyway. you could make money on at least if its worth the hassle to you. (sell it to a honda kid)

·
Elite DSMtalker
334 Posts
350! you can afford to take a chance on turning a proffit on 350, pick it up

1 - 12 of 12 Posts