DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I installed my 3 52mm greddy gauges tonight. Everything went pretty good, it wasn't as big as a job as a thought. Oil pressure gauge was easy, unscrewed the stock sender, the greddy one screwed right in. Turbo was almost too esay, cut the line, add the 3-way connector...done. Exhaust was a little more tricky. I didn't really like drilling/tapping in my manifold........but it worked out! Then just hook up power to the 3 and it was done. I'd say the hardest part of the install was running the wires through the firewall, tapping the exhaust, and getting the damn pillar to tighten down good enough not to move around. After dirving 2 blocks I love them. They look great and seem to be very accurate. I'm very pleased! I'd take a picture for you guys, but I have no where to post it anyway........so there isn't much of a point!

·
Registered
564 Posts
the greddy gauge only reads to 1200 right? i was thinking about the greddy egt, but will probably go with the autometer b/c they read up to 1600, and the rest of my gauges are c/f anyhow...and if you want to post a pic...set up an acct. with imagestation...its free

·
Registered
491 Posts
Greddy gauges usually measures in Celsius and not Farenheit like Autometer.

When it goes up to 1200 it is actually 1200 Celsius.

When the gauge goes up to the 900 Celsius mark, it is actually around 1650 Farenheit.

·
Registered
564 Posts
ah...makes sense. didn't pay enough close attention. so i guess the greddy is still a consideration then. :)

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, it goes to 1200 degree Celsius. And I don't think you'd need it much higher then that because at 2192 degrees F. (1200 C.), your pistons would be liquid anyway!;)

·
Registered
732 Posts
How much did those three guages cost you? And where you get them from? I looked for them on Greddy's site and couldn't find them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts