DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the web page but it doesnt help me and i have searched.
If you dont know the answer to a question why type search i can read i see the BIG red button if i got my answer from that would i ask it?

Maybe i should re fraise my question Has anyone used the Type R greddy BOV and if so how does it compare to the Type S thanks for the web page

·
Registered
167 Posts
My brother has the Greddy Type R BOV. And in my own opinion try to get a softer spring for it. Because he has a stiff spring. And the thing wont open under ten psi. He gets majer compressure surge if it wont open. And his mods are Mutt lvl 1 FMIC and custom intercooler piping. The type R will keep a seal the Type S kinda leaks but if you are driving around think more. And yes search this site. I bet you can find what you are looking for.

·
Registered
488 Posts
The GReddy Type R is GReddy's racing BOV. It is best suited for racing applications. Like it was said above that it doesn't want to open at anything below 10psi. That means that it would suck on the street and you'd get a ton of compressor surge unless you are flooring it all the time which no one does on the street. Stick with the Type-S I've had mine for a couple of years no and I've had no problem with leaks. If it leaked I doubt as many people would use them as they do. I'd say about 75% of the people that have upgraded to aftermarket BOV's use the GReddy Type-S.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts