DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I was out driving and I pulled up beside this sentra at a stop light. Typical rice boy... Leaned back in his seat listening to Eminem. His car was modded out with a dual tip muffler, clear side markers, and a gigantic tach on the dash. Well, I have the privilage to have idle surge when I pull up next to him, so I guess he thought I was revving him. He give a couple whines back and yells out his window, "wanna race?" Well, there was nobody else around so I said "sure." Light turned green and I didn't wanna hurt his feelings too bad so I just made sure I had traction, then accelerated quickly. Needless to say I got him off the line, in 1st, and 2nd... He was very far behind by the time I was in 3rd. Anyway, I pulled into a gas station and he pulls in behind me. He gets out of his car and walks up to me and says "nice race." Then he starts looking around the inside of my car and I asked him what he was looking for. Then he said, "They're in your seat cushion right? I heard you spray on me between 1st and 2nd." I just said, "No, thats pressure being released from my intercooler piping." He gave me a blank stare, then said, "You should get that leak checked, but your car is still fast." After that, he walked back to his car and took off like a bat outta hell to "impress" me. Not my best kill, but surely the funniest.

·
Registered
56 Posts
hahah nice man! Cool race..

OoOoOoOoOoO you have NOS! :rolleyes:

lol.. gotta love turbos..

Josh

·
Registered
24 Posts
Good kill...kind of. There are some really idiotic ricers in this world. I'm not ashamed of saying I own a Sentra because I know I don't stand a chance. It's coming along though, just got my exhaust in today and my tach (3 3/4"...not HUGE), short shifter, etc. Thing is I know I'm not fast. But hopefully after next summers savings, BlueBird DET is mine! One bad thing...T-2slow!!! So upgrade to T-28 adn I have a dyno around here somewhere...guy ran a T-28 with proper fuel adjustments, ran high 12.9. So hey, I guess it'll be worth it. So now when I roll up to a GS-T and he thinks I don't stand a chance...well, lets just say I'm laying in my bed (if anyone gets that). Anyways, sorry about my rant, but man what a retard. BTW, was it an SE-R? Those are the only ones that are decently quick. I have an XE...:( . And a leak??? MAN!!!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was an early 90s Sentra.....Did they have SE-Rs then? I wouldn't have made a difference. I do have a NOS dry kit but its sitting in my room collecting dust. If anybody wants it, I'll sell for $420, full bottle. That does sound like an impressive turbo kit for the sentra. Too bad they didn't come stock with turbos. :beer: Later

·
Registered
24 Posts
It's not a turbo kit. It's a JDM engine. Which sucks because they should've had it in the first place!!! But yeah, they had SE-R's then. I just want my BBDET so I can prove some people that Sentra's of my type can be fast...just not with their stock engine :D .

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When you mentioned the T-2 and T28, I thought you were talking about a kit for the Sentra... I'm a 1g so I have a 14b turbo which is bigger than a t-25. Just a misunderstanding.

·
Registered
3 Posts
There was a B13 generation (1991-1994) Sentra SE-R.
It was powered by the SR20DE engine, which can take a lot of boost, but was NOT turboed from the factory. In its stock form, the B13 SE-R was a decently quick and grippy fun car to make driving fun for people who couldn't afford the expense of a sports car. It was a quintessential sport compact.

There are several reliably documented cases of SR20 powered cars putting out 300+ and 400+ horseower, but you can bet that most of the ones you meet on the street are not such monsters, just as most DSMs I meet are not sub-11 second killers (even though they're ALL mean :) ).

If the stupid ricer you raced was not driving an SR20 powered SE-R, he was probably driving a GA16DE powered model. The GA16DE can be built up into a formidable machine, and there are parts available for it from companies like Hotshot, Place Racing, Unorthodox Racing, and others, but generally, the GA16 is not an engine that people mod up.

It's likely that this kid had I/H/E (intake, header, exhaust) and some cosmetic mods.

GOOD KILL.

I don't care what he was driving. Humbling a ricer is always a good thing.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Zexel said:
I just want my BBDET so I can prove some people that Sentra's of my type can be fast...just not with their stock engine :D .
What the hell are you talking about! The SR20DE is the same engine as the SR20DET...just 9.5:1 pistons instead of 8.5:1 and some various little stuff like revised cams specs (Very little change) etc etc.

All you have to do is put a GTiR exhaust manifold, 370cc BBDET injectors, and a GTiR T28 on and be prepared to make some nice power. How does 247whp at 7psi sound? We just did that. :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
jayhass - I knew there was a difference in compression (obviously) and the manifold. And yes, the SR is definately boostable with ease...BUT you mention the Manifold, injectors and T-28 (Which didn't know about injector size, and BB comes stock w/ T-25's, T-28 is what I would upgrade to automatically though). I mean it makes it look and sound easy, but finding half the components and finding them at decent prices from some people is the hard part. I was considering finding a B14 SER w/ a crap for engine, building it up at my friends shop (Very cheap since we're practically brothers), and boosting it. And yes, 247 @ 7 lbs sounds great...please tell me more (ET's, 0-60, etc). If you have AOL or AIM, my s/n is Toy2Trix. Please IM me and we can talk more about my little project. Thanks. Hell it seems that you know more about my car than I do...kinda.

Spiro - I have a GA, and yes nobody ever mods it. I was thinking about doing all bolt ons and see what I can get out of it, but it's defiantely not $$$ efficient. Oh well. I'll admit, my car is slow, but hopefully not soon. Of course that depends on what kind of money flow I have coming in.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Zexel said:
jayhass - I knew there was a difference in compression (obviously) and the manifold. And yes, the SR is definately boostable with ease...BUT you mention the Manifold, injectors and T-28 (Which didn't know about injector size, and BB comes stock w/ T-25's, T-28 is what I would upgrade to automatically though).

Blue Bird DET ='s 370cc injectors, T25. The GTiR DET ='s 440cc injectors, and a one of a kind T28 that will make 300whp no problem. You need the GTiR manifold to run the GTiR T28 because it has a T3 flange and not a T25/28 small frame family flange.

[quot]I mean it makes it look and sound easy, but finding half the components and finding them at decent prices from some people is the hard part.[/quote]

You would be surprised at what's out there. Andreas Miko in FL has a lot of these parts, and so goes JGY Customs (Jason Garrett Young) Just hunt around the sr20deforum.com or nissanforum.com and you will find these guys.

JWT ECU, GTiR mani, GTiR turbo, a FMIC (Even the BB DET unit just front mounted), 370cc injectors, will do 250whp on the stock fuel pump and MAF. Like I said, Mark Merlis just put down 247whp at 7psi.

Hell it seems that you know more about my car than I do...kinda.
It's pretty possible. ;) I don't know if this looks familiar to you or not but I'm sure others can tell you about it... :D

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
stop posting pics of that mean machine
or i'll have to sell my dsm and get a classic se-r and dump some $$ into and make it a deadly machine that looks like a POS :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Jay - Thanks man! I know about JGYcustoms.com...great place and awesome guys. I post usually at Nissanforums.com w/ the same name and just check out SR20deforum.com. Is that 247 whp just from the turbo, mani., injectors etc? Or is that including bolt ons and such? Anyways, I would relaly like to talk to you on AOL or AIM if you have it. Maybe you could talk me into doing this stuff instead of a TSi!! Yeah, Mike is also cool. Anyways, I'll just keep checking out this post and see what you can tell me, etc. Thanks again man! BTW...you REALLY know your shit!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts