DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This happened a couple weeks ago but I haven't had a chance to post it until now.

I was traveling south on highway RT. 1 in southern chester county, trading places with a BMW during my trip, keeping an average speed of about 75-80mph. We both reached a section of RT. 1 where I know there are no cops whatsoever (there's no place for them to sit and no overpasses/exits). There's a nice downgrade at the start of this section and we both buried the accelerator at this point, him being about 1 car length behind me. I kept the pedal buried through a gradual curve until we hit about 125 and the road straightened out. At that point I had put about 2 more car lengths on him. After I let off he just kept going :eek: so I knew he was pushing his car just as hard.

I was pretty proud to say that my t-25 held up in that top end battle. I don't know much about the 528i but I know it's no pushover, and it has to have signifigant top end if it's a bimmer.

What do you guys think? Good kill or should I have crushed him even if I was completely stock? :dunno:

By the way I'm running the stock exhaust system, mods are in my profile (minus the MKIV intercooler, that's still sitting in my garage waiting to get installed)

-Mark

·
Registered
19 Posts
Good race ;)

·
Registered
245 Posts
You have the other mods, but now you need the exhaust, while at it put in a test pipe instead of a cat if possible. You'll notice a lot of difference, believe me. Next time the 528 wont be even close to you.

With just intake and full 2.5" exhaust I had a .6s difference in 1/4 mile.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
zola84 said:
You have the other mods, but now you need the exhaust, while at it put in a test pipe instead of a cat if possible. You'll notice a lot of difference, believe me. Next time the 528 wont be even close to you.

With just intake and full 2.5" exhaust I had a .6s difference in 1/4 mile.
I'm still shopping around for the right exhaust...are you running a 2.5" or a 3"? I think I might just go with a 2.5 and aluminum piping because I want the cheap performance :D I can't wait to uncork this thing.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
buschur
rre
n1
thermal.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
rre isn't bad at all I don't think for pricing.
buschur maybe a bit but i think the money is well worth it on these mods.
The only better route in my opinion is welding that som'ma bitch yourself :)

·
Registered
668 Posts
just go with

just go with RRE, get the N1 with the 3 inch downpipe....that comes with a testpipe...that will be a full 3 inches and you will notice it big time...no joke.
-Ryan
p.s. that will run you under 800bucks! quite a performance package and quality...I'd say.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I got 2.5" full exhaust with test pipe and I paid $400 for everything. I got mine done custom by a local shop. They did some great work. SS Muffler with SS axle back for $100, and full exhaust with test pipe for $300. Its mendrel bent and very well done.

Ask some shops around if they have mendrel bents, if they do, it'll probably end up cheaper doing it through a local shop rather than rre or etc.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
zola84 said:
I got 2.5" full exhaust with test pipe and I paid $400 for everything. I got mine done custom by a local shop. They did some great work. SS Muffler with SS axle back for $100, and full exhaust with test pipe for $300. Its mendrel bent and very well done.

Ask some shops around if they have mendrel bents, if they do, it'll probably end up cheaper doing it through a local shop rather than rre or etc.
I think this is the best route as well...plus you get them to install it for you so it's worth it. How did you get the shop to install the test pipe for you? I thought most places get pissed off if you come in for work and they see a test pipe? I guess the laws in your state are different maybe? I was going to go with a high flow cat.

Thanks for the info on the 528i damnslowtalon...I might have 10 or 15 crank hp over that so the kill wasn't too bad.

·
Registered
245 Posts
How did you get the shop to install the test pipe for you? I thought most places get pissed off if you come in for work and they see a test pipe?
slipped him an extra $20 bucks. ;)

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Haha...I knew there had to be a catch somewhere. Money always does alot of talking.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I did the same thing. Came out a lot cheaper for my custom made dp and straight pipe. I was kind of scared to ask the shop at first, but then I decided what the hell, the worst he can say is no. It was funny after I asked him to do the test-pipe he replied with "WHat?? Are you asking me to do something illegal? I could go to jail, Give me your liscense plate#" I was scared to shit, then he said "just playin, we can do it" He was cool about it he even went above and beyond and welded a cat cover around it from an old chevy for $20, so it looks like I have a cat.

Just ask around muffler shops their are some people who will do it for you.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts