DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so my brother was driving on the streets on our way home, brother in law in front, and me at the back... :p . We saw the 300M infront of us and we were going like 55 and then the 300M floored it. We kinda chased him and got a chance on red light. From the light, a slight turn then uphill. My brother didn't try to launch just a normal acceleration then we saw the 300M gun it so my brother did too and some wheelspin haha :D . Since the 300M gunned it first, he was pulling on 1st. 2nd gear steady then started catching up, his rear bumer and our front. 3rd we started pulling (uphill). Since my brother tends to sweat when he races, when he shifted to 4th his hand slipped for a second lol but then we were still pullin so whatever. finished around 110-120 atleast 2 1/2 cars? not sure didn't look. The 300M had 1 passenger. not bad for no launch and slipped 4th. ;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
You should buy your brother some driving gloves for his birthday. That way he won't miss shifts or lose his grip on the steering wheel.

Or maybe being really nervous while racing on the street is a good thing. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
GS-T (Aftermarket intake, HKS SSQV, BCS mod @ 16 psi, tsudo 3" catback) . Would've if my brother didn't bog, wheelspin, miss 4th, and we're fat! jk. i dunno, what other factors might change the outcome. uphill? :rolleyes: prolly shifted at 7k instead of 6500, 6400, and so on. I'm not even sure how far we were ahead, it was a wild guess :D . he did have time to engine brake on each gear before we reach the stop sign lol. BTW, he told me my car wont stop! He said he has a hard time on stepping on the brakes. He didn't even get to stop on the stop sign, good thing no one was there and no popo :p. Could it be my new front ceramic brakes? rear brake pads worn off? or something with the brake lining? Brother told me my brake was solid as a rock.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts