DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wussup dsm owners. im a neon enthusiast but thought id stop by. :D anyways ive read in a few different places that the prelude was like .1 seconds faster in the quarter than the gst. this has gotta be bs right? ive raced my friends prelude when i only had an iceman and was almost able to keep even with him. and i know theres no way in hell i can run with gsts. my gut tells me this is another case of underrating a car and overrating others. for instance plenty of neon owners run mid 15s stock, even though theyre listed as 16 sec and over cars. can u guys give me some more accurate times for ur cars in the 1/4?

·
Registered
166 Posts
stock for stock, it would be pretty close
but a simple boost controller would make a world of difference

I killed a modded 5th gen SH about a month ago. I don't know what he had other than exhaust (and supra taillights, huge spoiler, paintjob, etc) but I'm almost stock.. basically just a $50 boost controller.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Stock is close. Spend a couple of hundred on both and the GS-T will flyby. That is the beauty of turbos almost any upgrade to the intake or exhaust makes a hell of a difference compared to an N/A car.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Also I have owned 2 different GS-T's and a 94 prelude with the VTEC which were pretty fast and reliable cars and the GS-T is a monster compared to that car.

·
Registered
543 Posts
a guy at the high school drags last year ran a 14.3 in his Neon R/T..the only visible mods i saw were exhaust, he actually lives in the apartments behind my house but i have yet to talk to him about his car :p

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys i didnt know that. 50 bucks to go faster what a good deal! and yeah that neon had to have more mods than exhaust. no neon will run 14.3 with just exhaust unless maybe theyve done serious weight redux

1 - 6 of 6 Posts