DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first big race and my first kill. I didnt really want to post this story because of the outcome of it the race but I just had to since I just dropped in my ETA32 and all the other goodies. Also because i was just at the LS1 forums. Those people piss me off. I mean i know an LS1 is a quick car, but they have the mentality that it is the fastest car in the world, and no import can beat them. Anyways to the racing part. It was my friends 21st so we decided to hit up a bar. One of his old friends who was going to go with us had just picked up a 98 z28 about 2 months ago. As he strolled over to my house he saw my car and asked if it was fast? I smiled and said "Its not slow" He noded his head and we perseaded to the freeway. My hands started shaking as soon as I got on since i knew we were going to race. (You all know what Im talking about), Soon as we hit the freeway he signaled me over. I pulled up next to him, then blam we both downshifted and it was on. Boy i love droping my car into third, and soon as i did i was about a car length ahead of him and he could not catch up until i hit 130 and my stupid fuel cut. He wanted some more and since the freeway was nice and clear for us (Tues. nite was about 11:00) we went again. This time so we could both launch i good i did the 3 horn thing. We both down shifted and this was a lot closer I pulled on him a bit but the front of his pointy shark stayed at about my driverside window, (this ensured he could hear my blow off valve, since he probably didnt see my 12x26x3 frount mount) He still wasnt satisfied so we went again and that race was a lot like the first one.
Once we got to the bar he had this look on his face like what the hell do you have in there? What really made me laugh was when he asked me if it was a 6 cylinder. He said he was glad i beat him since was begining to get a bit cocky from all the other cars he had raced.
After we had a lot of drinks we were going back home and he wanted to go at it again. Me being a bit intoxicated decided not to. After he began to high beam me a couple of times and pull up next to me and down shift and signal, I could not resist-- I downshifted again and instantly i was 2 car lengths ahead, (he must of not downshifted at the same time as me),but i kept going. He was trying to catch me (by this time we were going 120) and there were pretty sharp turns. His car was stock so he had no suspension upgrades, compared to my slammed spyder with roll bars, etc... Well there was a pretty big turn were i had to brake a bit, I think he felt this was his chance to pass me. He lost control swerved from the fast lane to the first lane, hit a car went back across the 4 lanes and hit the center divide. This scared the living shit out of me. He got arrested for a felongy DUI and his car was totaled.
Very sad... Dont think I will be doing any racing for a longggg time.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Ok, you were both racing drunk? What the HELL is wrong with you, and at 120 mph? Did you ever think about the OTHER people on the road when he was flashing you?

I have no respect for drunk drivers, and ESPECIALLY not drunk drivers that decide to race PERIOD, let alone high speed race.

·
Registered
6 Posts
i'm glad that someone posts the potential that EVERY RACE - be it under the influence of alcohol or not - can end up in tragedy. Doing 120mph is rediculous any way that you look at it, clear freeway or not. let this be a reminder to think twice, even when you are in the heat of the moment. it could've turned out a lot worse...

·
Registered
360 Posts
You said you have an ETE 32 but could only manage to slightly pull an LS1? You should be able to Pull a ZO6 with that turbo. Ar you running like 12 pounds or something? I glad that you are ok, i hope he is too. When you calm down, tune the car, it should be a 12 sec flat if you have supporting mods, and traction, hell I pull LS1's EAsy with my ETE 12.;)

·
Registered
467 Posts
You and your friend are both retarted for racing at 120mph on the freeway drunk. Im happy his car is totaled one less asshole on the road.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yes, that does seem very stupid that you were racing someone else under the influence.:rolleyes: And FYI, I'm on both ls1.com and ls1tech.com and most of the LS1 owners are very respectful to import racers, not import ricers. They mostly have disdain for really slow imports with body kits, wings, lights, etc (can you blame them?) thinking they are fast and the furious. Of course there are cocky LS1 owners, bu there are cokcy DSM owners too; and coky mustang owners, etc. The LS1 is a great engine and of course I think it's one of the better bang for your buck engines out there; but if an import beat me on the road or the track I'd have nothing but props to give them :cool:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea I will admit it was an idiodic thing to do, but then again I wasn't drunk, I was buzzed. Still no excuse but thats what alcohol makes you do, stupid things! Back to the race, yea my car is not running its full potential yet theres a lot of things I need to get working properly. I kind of just threw everything on at once since my t-too small blew up.

-Yea I will admit there were some guys on the LS1 site that did show some respect towards imports but i just got caught up in a 10 pg. thread i read about some ignorant hick who thought his car was gods gift to the automobile world.

On other news I found someone with an 03 cobra that lives close by who wants to run me. I want to run him badly but I think Im going to give it some time. Not up to racing to much right now. Plus, I have some extra parts I need to get. I think Im going to get spanked by the cobra, but its worth a shot. I will probably bring a camcorder and post it so everyone can see me lose. (Not a sore loser).

Also heres a list of my parts:
ETA 32, 3" axle back (no cat), PWR fmic, 660's,Type S BOV, Walbro 255, AFC, MBC, AFPR, all the gauges

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
You and your friend are both retarted for racing at 120mph on the freeway drunk. Im happy his car is totaled one less asshole on the road.-[/QUOTE

Yea i know its dumb to race that fast, but i can bet you have been in a race before. And any race is a potential accident wether your going 120 or 80 or even 45, so before you go calling names and being a hypocrite think twice.

·
Registered
140 Posts
What kind of intercooler is the PWR? Do you have any pictures of it? Where can you get one?

·
Registered
467 Posts
Yea i know its dumb to race that fast, but i can bet you have been in a race before. And any race is a potential accident wether your going 120 or 80 or even 45, so before you go calling names and being a hypocrite think twice. [/B][/QUOTE]

I dont race on populated roads anymore only on this one road where we have about 30+ people gather, and it is a 2 lane one way road by this warehouse where no one ever goes.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thats sad...... You need to start racing at the track, the road is no place for it, its tempting I know, but keep it off the street. Youve seen first hand what can happem, And fuck drunk drivers, at least he didnt kill some innocent family in a minivan, evreytime you drink and drive, esp race drunk, you are taking the lives of that young couple that just got married, and just had their first born kid into your own, How would you like to live you life knowing that you were involved in the death of someone that someone else loved more than anything in the world, that you have turned a happy family into a orphaned child, that in effect youve destroyed that childs hopes for having a sucessful life, because now he has noone to raise him, and might grow up in a orphanage, you need to take that shit into consderation before you go driving a 2 or 3 thousand pound vehicle around at excessive speed while intoxicated, Maybe the couple you will kill tommorow in the race with the stang is singing their child to sleep right now. The only way to stop it is to NOT do it, there are tracks for this shit.
Justin. From Hondahookup forums.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
What kind of intercooler is the PWR? Do you have any pictures of it? Where can you get one?
Yea I have a picture of it on my car, it looks sweet I will have the picture of it up tomorow. I got mine from a local shop around here for dirt cheap. PWR is a company from Australia that just started selling their IC's down here in the US. They have great prices. I forgot their webpage, but just do a search for PWR Intercoolers and you will find their site.

-Yes, racing on the streets no matter where or how many people are around = dumb. Went to the track last nite, (for the first time)and fried the shit out of my clutch:( . The stocker had to go anyway, couldnt handle the extra 100hp i was producing. I barely got past the finish line. Good thing it was test and tune. Hopefully i can get my ACT 2600 by next week and take her back to the track and see what she's hitting. Freeway racing is so much easier, but I like the track challenge. Need some slicks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts