DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
Sonicdrft said:
ok heres the situation i have a opportunity to get a 2g GSX shell and a 2g GST parts car for 1000..my question is how hard would it be to put the gst motor and trans in the gsx shell?

thanks
eric
First off, if you want to stick around, follow rule #7, its in my signature, you cant miss it.

Second, you can put a GST Engine and trans in the car, the engines are the same between 2g GST and 2g GSX. To use the transmission, you will need to pull the drive shaft. I would suggest doing it right, fix the engine or trans or whatever is wrong.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
The_EE said:
First off, if you want to stick around, follow rule #7, its in my signature, you cant miss it.

Second, you can put a GST Engine and trans in the car, the engines are the same between 2g GST and 2g GSX. To use the transmission, you will need to pull the drive shaft. I would suggest doing it right, fix the engine or trans or whatever is wrong.
+1 Don't hack up a GSX, just use what you can from the GS-T for parts, and sell the rest for the cash to but what you don't have. Generally a GSX is a better car, so why not stick with the better one?

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Why would you want to do that?? Thats like taking a 4g63t and putting a 420a in it..:rolleyes: Keep the motor, sell the trans and part the rest of the car out.. Then buy an awd trans, driveshaft and rear pumkin..

If you cant do that, do us all a favor and tell ME where the shells at.:D

·
Registered
363 Posts
Now coverting a GSX to purely RWD would be a viable solution. Imagine it, slicks and skinnies...ah its mouth-watering.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Sonicdrft said:
ok heres the situation i have a opportunity to get a 2g GSX shell and a 2g GST parts car for 1000..my question is how hard would it be to put the gst motor and trans in the gsx shell?

thanks
eric
It's pretty simple. The engine and tranny will drop right in. Also grab the GST axles for it. Just remove the transfer case and driveshaft from the GSX and you're all set.

manrightchea said:
Now coverting a GSX to purely RWD would be a viable solution. Imagine it, slicks and skinnies...ah its mouth-watering.
The OE rearend won't take much RWD abuse before it throws in the towel. Pretty fun and easy conversion, though. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.