DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 553 Posts

·
Honorary Moderator
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I guess I'm the first to break the ice on the newbie forum here :D.

Just want to say hello and a big welcome to the newbies on the board. We ALL start somewhere ;).

Enjoy the stay ;) :).

·
Registered
170 Posts
Maybe nobody wants to be an idiot and post any dumb questions. Good luck with with new section.

·
Registered
443 Posts
they're all posting their newbie Qs in the regular forums :)

·
Registered
619 Posts
Hey d00dz, can I vent mah 2G BOV 2 da op3n so it soundz liek teh Green eclipze in F&F?!

:eek:

Newbies are all posting their problems in random areas, like body tech on how their car is sputtering when idling, or which floor mat is the highest tech in Advanced forum. ;)

·
Registered
0 Posts
hello all..... 98 eclipse gsx .... It's part of the family now and I am not going to be making this a 400whp beast, but would like to make this a respectable all around perfomer in due time. I personally have 96 nissan altima and a 98 honda civic ex also is part of the house hold. I frequent altimas.net and looked around for the eclipse to find this site. So far this seems like a good site. -Neal

·
Elite DSMtalker
1,923 Posts
Wooo! A newbie posted! Too bad it wasn't a question :(

Blackboost said:

Come on guys, don't be shy and start posting!!:happy:
You think maybe we scared them all, and they are actually searching instead of posting elsewhere.

OR NOT!
:rolleyes: ;) :p

·
Registered
56 Posts
hey, im a newbie (wow 2nd newbie post, lol) im glad theres a board for us retards, j/k well anyways i have a 91 talon that i got in august, its by far the most fun car ive driven, its my second car (after an 88 towncar :rolleyes: and yes ive driven diff cars than this), i've liked them ever since the first time i saw an eclipse (and no it wasnt in the F&F ive wanted one long before that) well im rambling now ill stop, peace

P.S. ill post a ? too for shits and giggles

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
lol @ pokey.
You guys should secretly call this forum the "expert racer forum" or something to that effect.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Perhaps we need to find a politically correct term for Newbie so that they don't feel like a dumba$$? Something along the lines of "Beginner Technical Discussions" :D

·
Elite DSMtalker
334 Posts
I would agree. No offense, but if someone made the "Dumbass Forum" I dont think too many people would really want to post in it. Not to say that people wouldn't belong in there....but you know what I mean.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Proud as I am of my recent completely undeserved promotion to Standard DSM talker... lest we not forget there are a few senior poster's out there who you could easily justify DEMOTING back to Newbie. It would be nice if Newbie Forum remained a kinder - gentler place.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Just thought I'd drop in with my "New DSMtalker" label and say hi! Been lurking on the boards for a while and searched for some things that I found no problem... The search engine on here is great compared to some auto forums. I honestly appreciate the chance to post and talk to some people about my recently acquired car and I hope in the future to maybe make some "friends" in the DSM world. So far most people I've seen on this board are friendly and not overly confident about there cars. for example i've seen this many times "I have a make/model with a 302/350 and I can beat everything!" You've all seen these and they kinda get old. You all seem like level-headed motor freaks! :) THAT'S A COMPLIMENT ... well thanks for the chance to post!

~Dane~

·
Registered
28 Posts
Sorry to post again but I took a second look at the post and I saw DSMMAN's sig with his car in it.... umm... that looks like a 90-92 without flipups... without changing headlights? Is that hard to do because i think that looks sweet!

·
Registered
91 Posts
haha.... every newb post in here sounds like a kid, first day in highschool, nervously babbling so you won't beat the shit out of them :slam: :D

yes i might as well point it out myself that i am a 'newbie' as well. but not to cars, not to messageboards, and not to car messageboards ;)

1 - 20 of 553 Posts