DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

521 - 540 of 554 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Well what's up(again). So my talon got tboned ;_; and the dude ran so im SOL. Since I really couldn't figure out where to post this and I can't check classifieds, I will post here(sorry ahead of time). I am in desperate need of a driver side door for my 91 talon tsi awd, I can't seem to find one anywhere in my cars color so PLEASE if you have one for sale message me.
Thanks,
Specs: All electric, a really light goldish color(like a sand color) and needs mounting for factory side skirt, preferably no dings, dents or scratches. I have door panel so no need for one.
Thanks again,

·
Elite DSMtalker
3,273 Posts
If you lived in the area I would give you my black one.

·
Elite DSMtalker
3,273 Posts
Hi, welcome to Dsmtalk enjoy the searching and if you cant find what you have to have here Mr Wisconsin then you dont belong under the hood of a car (a little Fast and Furious humor for you there). If you have any questions that have'nt been answered already then feel free to ask away.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ha, thanks! Yea, think I'll poke around some more before asking a bonehead question. Nothing wrong with the Talon but want to learn more. Cheers!

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
Welcome, I'm also from WI.

:)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey, thanks! On the other side of the state from you Spoolin, but I almost went to Lawrence to school (way, way) back in the day.

Off to find some pneumatic cylinders to keep the trunk from crashing on my head...

·
Elite DSMtalker
3,273 Posts
Punk3rz, it would be nice if we could let people view the classifieds but not post new ones, but the system here doesnt appear able to discriminate between the two.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Picked up my first DSM earlier this summer. It's a 1991 Talon TSi AWD. Bought it from the original owner. Car was garaged and very well taken care of. Even had the window sticker from the initial purchase! Car has a few mods and i'm looking forward to learning more and doing a few more upgrades to it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thank you from a nube. I have aquired a '90 TSI AWD TALON and it needs lots of tlc but the body and interior are in great shape so if I can get the engine and trans lined out I will have a fun little monster to be my DD and my weekend warrior too. Appreciate all of the help I get from those on here, many thanks.

·
Elite DSMtalker
3,273 Posts
Welcome 19901TSI, hope to see alot of positive posts from you and the other new members in the new year, so dont be shy.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Hi guys, I'm woosh. I wanted to introduce myself to the dsmtalk community. I used to own a 1996 GS-T which I later modded to look like the factory 97-99 Models. I sold it a few years ago and have missed it ever since. The car's personality fit mine perfectly. I have another car but I'm currently looking to get a 2g eclipse sometime this year, as it's clearly the most aesthetically-pleasing car design ever made <---serious. I know that I at least want two of them, one to play with and the other to preserve as 100% mint condition bone stock.

As far as working on cars is concerned, I am a 100% newb, although I do know how to change an air filter and am good with doing research on topics in order to learn. I'm somewhat familiar with the 4g63 setup. Since these cars are getting cheaper I think I can take more of a risk on working on it myself.

Oh, and this forum requires writing capabilities. I can do that, but I promise nothing in the spelling department. :cool:

·
2,310 Posts
Hi guys, I'm woosh. I wanted to introduce myself to the dsmtalk community. I used to own a 1996 GS-T which I later modded to look like the factory 97-99 Models. I sold it a few years ago and have missed it ever since. The car's personality fit mine perfectly. I have another car but I'm currently looking to get a 2g eclipse sometime this year, as it's clearly the most aesthetically-pleasing car design ever made <---serious. I know that I at least want two of them, one to play with and the other to preserve as 100% mint condition bone stock.

As far as working on cars is concerned, I am a 100% newb, although I do know how to change an air filter and am good with doing research on topics in order to learn. I'm somewhat familiar with the 4g63 setup. Since these cars are getting cheaper I think I can take more of a risk on working on it myself.

Oh, and this forum requires writing capabilities. I can do that, but I promise nothing in the spelling department. :cool:
Welcome, searching on these forums should be able to help you with everything you could possibly want to know.
I too knew very very little about cars in general when I got my 1st DSM, now with a little help I'm assembling engines.
VFAQ.com is a good place to start for just general info but is a bit outdated for any tuning info.

·
Elite DSMtalker
3,273 Posts
Welcome Woosh, we can overlook spelling mistakes as long as care was taken to make it understandable lol.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Welcome, searching on these forums should be able to help you with everything you could possibly want to know.
I too knew very very little about cars in general when I got my 1st DSM, now with a little help I'm assembling engines.
VFAQ.com is a good place to start for just general info but is a bit outdated for any tuning info.
Sounds good. I also still have the Chilton repair manual lying around somewhere, just need to dust it off. I'm in talks right now with a guy for a GS-X. Hopefully everything goes through and I can post photos of my new whip.

Welcome Woosh, we can overlook spelling mistakes as long as care was taken to make it understandable lol.
I'll do what I can :scholar:.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Hello All,

I am new to this forum, but not new to DSM's, I previously owned a Talon (1GA/WD) and just recently got another Talon (1GB/FWD) that I building. It is a 93' Talon TSI, blue/black with a black leather interior swap, AWD front brakes, SBR Stg II engine (0 miles as of now), Link, GM MAF w/Link Cable, basically all the goods to get it going. I have been cleaning, painting and assembling the engine and recently started on lowering/cleaning up the wire harness (firewall).

Here are a few quick pics, let me know what you think.

·
Elite DSMtalker
3,273 Posts
Welcome, those color combinations are going to be awesome.

521 - 540 of 554 Posts