DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
heres the scenario:

he has a laser RS 5speed turbo FWD that has a blown head gasket (not all the way, but has white bubles in the oil, and white smoke at start up) i did a blue book on it, and its ALMOST worth 2K with more options and less milage as it has...

i have a 89 targa 5speed supra turbo that other than rough starts when its been sitting... like it does, it just has no CD player, a kinda leaky targa, and a tear in one seat, but is fats as hell, i have people asking about it all the time, because its for sale for 4K.

the guy wants to trade, because he knows i can do ANYTHING with his car, but i owe $3177.77 after this fridays payment... so he would have to pa off the supra AND gimme his laser... i have 550 injectors, and the stock wheels from my 98 talon i could give him, as well as a few other goodies, but i dont know if he will go for it.

either way, the only thing the laser needs is a lancer motor, new head liner, has small rust on rear bottom side (driver) so its nothin i cant fix..... but if i can make this work.... is it worth it?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Well, the laser is almost down to $0 value, so that's about right ;) . Owning an 89 turbo Supra and a FWD turbo 1G, I'd say the Supra is much nicer, but the 1G is still fun ( if it would hold together :realmad: ). I wouldn't put that much work into one, though. Get some more stuff for the Supra instead :D .

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
trust me, the laser is much nicer, i have torn down, and rebuilt 6bolts within 45minutes, so putting in a new head gasket is fine with me, and EVERYTHING on the supra is SO much more expensive.... but it does have a BIG turbo, lol, i just think the laser is better for me. and besides, the inside of it doenst smell like mildew :p I just want a 5speed, DSM, believe me my AWD A/T 2g will destroy 5speeds left and right, but manuals just feel more ballsy, and aremore fun.. besides, my friends 1G has a manual BC 550s, and a 16G small unported/clipped, and we have it going 12s.... we're good at what we do ;) and if the AC is already shot, more reason to rip it out.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Damn, I absolutely can't stand working on my DSM. I much prefer working on my Supra. I dunno. The DSM holds a record for me in having me say, "Why the f**k did they do that?!?" the most ;)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Must be because it's in the Ford. I found my old Mazdas to be the nicest cars to work on. Nice touches everywhere. You could tell they actually put some thought into people working on them (very much unlike the DSM ;) ). Perhaps they aren't as good anymore :dunno:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts