DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know what the major difference is on the hard or soft settings on the Greddy Type S? I've tried both settings and I noticed a difference in the two. With the soft setting, the car felt really sluggish at full throttle, but with the hard setting, there was good response at full throttle. Does that sound about right?
Thanks.

------------------
Ray
1998 Eclipse GST
Mods: 3" Thermal R&D, Greddy TypeS bov, dump tube removal, MBC, Sprint Lowering springs, strut bars, Autometer gauges, HKS timer, custom interior, 17" performance rims

·
Registered
482 Posts
I know the settings adjust the hardness and softness of the spring in the bypass valve. If its too soft it may leak under boost like your stock BOV did, and you may blow off while in the vacuum range( i did when i was tuning it). But if its too hard you hear the compressor surge( juhh juhh juhh juhh juhhhhh) If you go to http://www.roadraceengineering.com/instructions/rreicpipeinstructions.htm it has instructions on how to adjust it.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!! That helped alot. The setting they have on the RRE site is about the same as what I have on mine. Happy spooling!!!

Ray

------------------
Ray
1998 Eclipse GST
Mods: 3" Thermal R&D, Greddy TypeS bov, dump tube removal, MBC, Sprint Lowering springs, strut bars, Autometer gauges, HKS timer, custom interior, 17" performance rims

1 - 3 of 3 Posts