DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are you Suppose to replace head bolts every time the head is removed? I was told this but don't know if I believe it Mine look great

·
Registered
631 Posts
if they are stock headbolts...yes i would replace them everytime, they tend to strech sometimes...it's better to be safe than to be sorry. If they are ARP headstuds you do not need to replace them.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
I wouldnt go as far as to say replace them everytime you remove the head. Someone could have just bought new head bolts and have to remove the head, this doesnt mean they need new ones. Then again, if you are taking the head off for the first time Ide assume that the head bolts in question would be the ones originally installed on the car. Then I would say yes, replace them with OEM, or ARP studs. Typically when head bolts stretch, it is a HIGH boost application, such as 25psi or more. This doesnt mean that they wont stretch over time, but I would say a heck of a lot less prone.

·
Elite DSMtalker
2,681 Posts
OEM head bolts aren't expensive.
As mentioned, unless I JUST put it on, new ones go in every time.
(period)

·
Registered
267 Posts
Be safe and go with ARP and be done with the whole thing...Not fun to keep the boost low so you wont blow the head off. plus its less than 100.00 bucks..great investment IMO.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts