DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a used 4g63 head that I need to do a head swap, the garage my talon is sitting at just told me it was going to be 1300 in labor alone. I dont think I can do it myself. I have all the nessesary parts for the repair. Any ideas?

·
Registered
469 Posts
If I lived near ya I'd do it for 1300. Sheesh, call around and see if you can find a better price if you don't want to do it yourself.

·
Banned
158 Posts
1,300 bucks, jesus tittyfuckin christ. How many hours does it take them, i can have it done in under an hour. They are charging for what 20 hours or so, wow, that is rediculous. That is why you don't take these things to shops. The hardest thing about doing the swap is putting the timing belt back on (not too hard if you have done a couple) as far as everything else you just leave the intake and exhaust manifold's on, take the v/c off take out head bolts, undo intake manifold support bracket(take off clock and throw away. Take your 4 turbo mounting bolts out, unhook wiring harness(very easy) unhook fuel likes, unhook turbo oil supply line, timing belt off, unhook turbo water lines, unhook heater hose from thermostat housing. Get a friend to help lift, you grab one side, have your friend grab other, lift everything off the top of the motor. EASY.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts