DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im changing out my stock 97 GSX headlights and putting in projectors. is there anything I need to know before I do this? I know there are about 2-3 bolts holding it in, but is there anything special i need to do to change these out? Any help on how to do this would be great. Thanks

·
Honorary Administrator
17,452 Posts
It is strictly a matter of pulling one and bolting the projector in its place. The mounting points and hardware are identical.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I've sometimes heard that the one of the mounting points can be a pain sometimes. I don't know which because I've never had them...just a common issue though.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I got projectors on mine i love them they look awsome, get the G2 diamond front lenses if you get projectors. it was very easy to put on the lenses I had no problems putting them on. Cant really see at night, so I put in some super headlights in and its alittle brighter.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Ummm, I don't know why you guys say it's all so easy. Did you forget that PAIN IN THE ASS BOLT that's on the bottom of the light? In all my twisting and turning I could BARELY touch it, let alone loosen it. I had to end up taking off the entire bumper!

It's going to take patience and a little creativity for a few bolts, but I do not think it's a quick job. 2 hrs at least!

·
Registered
370 Posts
well on my car I only have about 7 bolts holding on my front bumper I took off the bolts at the bottom and all that plastic crap from under the front of the car, so now to take off and bumper and to take off the lights takes me about 15mintues or so, just take off some of the bolts that you really dont need. And get that plastic crap out of there. Makes it alot easier. First time I did it it was a pain i the @$$.

·
Registered
105 Posts
2 Hour job to replace headlights? It would take 2 hours if you were taking the bumper off. But it is not needed if you have the right tools to do the job. A flex socket and exetension is all you need. Ive done it and it took me less than 5 min to get the headlight out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts