DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi im new to dsmtalk and i have some questions. My 99 eclipse gsx spun the balancing shaft bearing. Not the balancing shaft connected to the oil pump but the one that is run by a seperate belt. I need to know if there is anyway i can eliminate just the front shaft temporarily until i have the time and money to pull the motor and replace it. If i just removed the belt would it cause any problems to leave it in the motor?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Research a bit and you would know. Honestly in my 1g AWD the balance shaft removal was pretty simple and straight forward. My friend has a 2g GS-T and he just removed the belt and gear and put a bolt in the hole and called it good.

If it were me and I had the timing belt off, I would totally spend the 40-50 dollars for the removal kit and go through with it.

Pro's- less revolving mass in the motor, a lil more oil pressure, and mainly the relief knowing that damn bs belt won't break and kill the timing belt.

Con's- a lil more vibration in the interior(its not bad, almost not even noticable), gotta get your hands dirty.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.